Our trusted client is currently seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join their team to ensure their financial analysis is insightful and instrumental for continued success. The CFO will have both a day-to-day and ongoing impact on company operations, helping us to analyze, strategize, and grow our business.
The CFO will act as a key member of the Senior leadership team and report to the Managing Director. This individual will provide leadership, vision and analysis necessary to ensure that the team has the proper operational controls and reporting in place to grow the organization.
The CFO will work with the development team to review and analyze potential acquisitions, debt, equity and all financially related agreements. In addition, working with the senior leadership team, financial strategies will be developed and implemented to further benefit the company.
What you'll do
- Responsible for financial analysis, opportunity assessment, budgeting, all cash management, and financial reporting and forecasting, to help drive the company's financial strategy
- Coordinate with the CEO, the development of the annual operating, capital, and program budgets, and reporting against the same
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with company operations, by overseeing the day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal control activities of the organization and accounting/finance team
- Review the accounting administrator's financial reporting responsibilities including bank reconciliations, capital asset continuity schedules, and expense analysis
- Prepare cash flow projections/budgeting and other financial projections for operations and growth projects
- Conduct detailed and meaningful financial and variance analysis work
- Perform risk management through analysis of company liabilities and investments, and evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives
- Manage insurance portfolio and insurance broker relationship by collaborating, designing, developing and evaluating programs, suggesting changes as needed
- Monitor performance with tracking, establishing corrective measures as needed, and preparing detailed reports, both current and forecasting for the management team and advisory board
- Progress towards becoming the main contact between the company and our external accountants.
- Produce various ad hoc analysis and reports as required
- Assist in the design of custom reports for management and ownership
What you'll need
- CPA/CA designation preferred
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting or related field of study
- 10 + years experience in a Senior level role
- Strong and broad financial acumen (Ex: understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A, etc.)
- The ability to get into the details and get the job done while seeing the bigger picture.
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques with advanced analytical and quantitative abilities
- Attention to detail and ability to spot errors or idiosyncrasies
- Articulate, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with the executive management team and ownership
- Ability to think creatively
- Confidentially minded at all times
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.