Murphy Hospitality Group
Since 1980 Murphy Hospitality Group (MHG) has become a hospitality leader in Atlantic Canada. Currently, MHG operates twenty-four individual locations throughout PEI, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick.
At Murphy Hospitality Group we pride ourselves on an exceptionally high standard of quality service and products. It takes the best people to reach this higher standard of excellence. We believe in extensive training and providing our people with an excellent benefits program, competitive wages, advancement and professional development opportunities. It's all about the people!
Career Opportunity- Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) functions as the company's financial business leader for all Murphy Hospitality Group (MHG) locations. This position provides financial expertise to company senior leadership team and store managers to ensure MHG is maximizing the return on investment of company strategy and organizational initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the CFO is a leader who understands and has a desire to work within the hospitality industry. The CFO also has a passion for being apart of a growing organization who has seen rapid growth over the past five years.
What you'll do
Strategic Business Planning -
- Implements a system of appropriate controls to manage business risks and ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability
- Analyze financial data and market trends
- Analyzes information, forecasts sales against expenses and works with management to create annual budget and business plans
- Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected
- Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for location managers, and produces accurate forecasts the enable location managers to react to changes in the business
- Creates annual operations budget for MHG that is in line with the organizations strategic direction and business plan
Management of MHG Finance Team & Communication with MHG Senior Leadership -
- Demonstrates and communicates the MHG vision to all team members and leads by example, highlighting the five MHG Core Values.
- Advocates sounds financial advice and decision making
- Oversees all internal, external and regulatory audit processes
- Communicates financial concepts in a clear manner that is productive and drives desired behaviors and results
- Attends quarterly and annual meetings, communicating with owners, partners, MHG Board of Directors and senior leadership team, understanding the priorities and strategic focus
- Advises the CEO and President on existing and evolving operating and financial issues and opportunities
- Manages communications with owners and lenders in an effective manner
- Advises CEO, President and MHG Board of Directors on appropriate insurance coverage for the company and manages annual renewal of policies
Develop and maintaining financial goals-
- Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, statements and presentations to senior leadership and location managers
- Demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities
- Ensures that product and labour is accurate and properly recorded
- Monitor all taxes that apply ensuring that taxes are current, collected and accrued
What you'll need
- Professional designation and bachelors degree
- A minimum of 10 years accounting experience with experience in a CFO or leadership position.
- Experience in real estate is an asset
- A passion for the hospitality industry and guest experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment, balancing different priorities, delegating tasks as necessary
A little bit about us
Murphy Hospitality Group
"Hospitality is the foundation of our business and our mindset. Much like life, it is all about how you make people feel; It's that simple, and it's that hard."? Murphy Hospitality Group (MHG) started out back in 1980 when Company president Kevin Murphy and his wife Kathy opened the doors to their first restaurant in Prince Edward Island. MHG has grown to become a leader in the hospitality industry in Atlantic Canada. MHG now encompasses14 restaurant locations throughout PEI, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, five Brew Pubs, two boutique hotel properties and the Prince Edward Island Brewing Company, a world class brewery and event space. Our mission is to define the guest's experience. When a guest says .."Remember that amazing experience we had in Prince Edward Island?" We want that sentence to be about us, whether it is through great food, friendly knowledgeable staff, clean comfortable hotels, restaurants or breweries
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Health and Dental benefits
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- MHG Wellness and fitness programs
- Discounts from local shops and restaurants