We are thrilled to assist our client, Propel ICT find their next Chief Executive Officer.
Propel ICT is Atlantic Canada's virtual start-up accelerator, a community of educators and mentors who are committed to the development of successful entrepreneurs in our region.
Our future focus is achieving true sustainability through financial autonomy. We are seeking a Chief Executive Officer who will make this come to fruition. We need a strategic planner who thrives on accountability. Someone who revels in opportunities to build relationships and can chart out a clear path towards growth in the new economy.
The ultimate candidate will be a collaborative motivator with an untouchable drive and sense of purpose towards our mission to be a leader in fostering the growth of large successful technology companies headquartered in Atlantic Canada. They should have an understanding of the present challenges an Atlantic Canadian start-up might be facing as well as established companies that have a need to innovate to sustain growth. This means someone who has their ear to the ground on trends, market changes, economic shifts, industry needs, government priorities and a deep involvement in the communities that surround us, including investment and funding partners.
The CEO's responsibilities include working with the Board of Directors to strengthen and further establish our Accelerator Program as a market leader, as well as guide operations from day to day. This successful candidate must be comfortable working independently as well as representing Propel in the community and finding ways to organically share our story.
We are flexible on location for candidate within Atlantic Canada. Travel will be required.
What you'll do
Direct and oversee the evolution of Propel's virtual accelerator program
- Develop and implement plan towards corporate financial autonomy and sustainability
- Develop key metrics to monitor, understand and report on success
- Continue to position Propel in the start up community through connector programs and similar communities across Canada as well as research and identify other marketplaces
- Deepen relationships with government, post-secondary institutions, community partners, funding partners and investment partners and continue to share Propel's mission and story
- Support and develop the team responsible for driving Propel's programs
- Manage budgets and create reports
What you'll need
Demonstrated high level financial acumen and ability to create sustainable revenue or funding strategies
- Experience successfully launching large-scale, multi partner initiatives/projects
- Excellent at building and fostering relationships with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to see big picture and take assertive action towards goals
- Strategic ability to gain buy-in to a company's vision or initiative at all levels
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
We are happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Propel would like to open this opportunity to those with various backgrounds and combinations of experience-we don't like to fit in a box and don't think you should either!
At the top of our "nice-to-have's" list would be:
- Previous start-up experience
If you don't have these, we still encourage you to apply.