Since incorporation in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing molecular diagnostic products and services to help people all over the world better manage pathogen-based threats. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, LuminUltra is a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Miami, Paris, London, and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, LuminUltra's best-in-class solutions are being used in the fight against COVID-19, including on-site clinical diagnostic testing, surface, and wastewater tests. By providing rapid, accurate biological testing solutions, LuminUltra works to fulfill its core purpose 'to create peace of mind so we can all work, live and play with confidence'.
LuminUltra is currently recruiting for a Chemical / Mechanical Engineer to join the R&D Team.
What you'll do
As a key member of LuminUltra's R&D Team, the Chemical / Mechanical Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development, testing, and enhancement of bio-analytical instrumentation for the detection of microorganisms and other biological molecules in a variety of industrial applications including water, wastewater, and environmental.
- Directly contribute to development projects through the setup and monitoring of testing rigs, rigorous testing, troubleshooting, and internal/external training.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers on the design and validation of new devices, modules, and instrumentation features.
- Present at internal meetings, client locations, and conferences.
- Contribute to the growth of the company's IP portfolio.
- Work directly with clients on understanding their instrumentation-related needs and applications.
- Produce detailed designs and/or CAD drawings, acting as a technical expert on products and processes.
- Participation in generating and maintaining product documentation and training materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need
As the ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's in engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Biomedical, or related).
- 1-5 years relative experience preferred.
- Fluid mechanics experience preferred.
- Electrical/electronics experience preferred.
- Experience in hardware design, verification engineering, or test engineering.
- Expertise using common engineering software (e.g. SolidWorks).
- Problem solving skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Experience in developing validation/verification test plans.
- Strong organizational & time management skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Self motivated and takes initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
LuminUltra Technologies Ltd.
Since our initial launch in 2003, LuminUltra has been a leading manufacturer and thought-leader in the biotech industry, developing technology-based products and services to help people, companies, and organizations all over the world. Headquartered in Fredericton, New Brunswick, they are a global company with satellite operations in Baltimore, Paris, London, and Melbourne.
Armed with dedicated ownership, a talented team, and a solid foundation, our best-in-class solutions are now being used in the fight against COVID-19. By expanding our capacity to produce 500,000 tests a week for labs across the country, they are leading the charge to protect Canadians and defeat this pandemic.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
LuminUltra's Core Values:
Maximum Commitment & Urgency
Integrity & Respect in All We Do
Challenge the Status Quo
Remain Flexible at All Times
Outstanding Community Experience