The Scotiabank Centre, managed by Events East Group, is the largest multipurpose facility in Atlantic Canada, serving as the region's premier venue for major entertainment and sporting events and the nucleus of major event activity in Nova Scotia. Having hosted the world's top performers, homegrown talent, best in class athletes and many performers in between, Scotiabank Centre has been a source for community vibrancy and pride for over 35 years. With a seating capacity of more than 10,000 and the versatility to accommodate a range of events, Scotiabank Centre hosts close to 500,000 attendees each year and is home to the Halifax Mooseheads, the Halifax Hurricanes, Halifax Thunderbirds Lacrosse and the Royal Nova Scotia International Tattoo.
The Scotiabank Centre is now inviting applications for the position of Casual Event Attendant within our Guest Services Team.
This position is a casual event-based position (20 hours or under a week) that gives employees the flexibility to shift bid and pick up available shifts as desired (minimum 3 shifts a month). Most shifts are evenings and weekends with occasional daytime and holiday shifts avaliable.
- Responsible for greeting, venue navigation, and safety awareness during events to ensure our guests at have an enjoyable experience at the Scotiabank Centre.
- Assist guests who require accessibility or other supports.
- Assist guests with any questions and/or feedback.
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 preferred (other education and experience will be considered).
- Basic math skills required; computer skills preferred.
- Customer service experience is considered an asset.
- Demonstrate understanding of and sensitivity to the diversity of patrons and staff.
- Memory for event details taking place while on shift.
- High comfort level working in large crowds of people, strangers and challenging social interactions.
Job Specific / Technical Knowledge:
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, busy environment with variable conditions including, noise, heights, and dark/dim lighting.
- Ability to work long periods of standing/walking, repeatedly climb stairs, and move throughout the venue.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons, and persons from the LGBTQ+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
TO APPLY: Please send resume and references to [email protected] with CASUAL EVENT ATTENDANT in the subject line or via Career Beacon.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.