New Brunswick Social Pediatrics (NBSP) was developed to improve the quality of life, health and long-term outcomes of children and their families in our province by conducting research on "what works" to help our kids. NBSP is seeking to optimize access and service delivery to children who face difficult living circumstances, toxic stress and trauma. These conditions impact health and development as well as a child's integration into their school and community. Community Social Pediatrics is a multi-pronged, inter-professional approach that addresses the needs of children and their families affected by the social determinants of health. This model is based on our commitment to the United Nations (UN) Convention of Child Rights and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The Parent-Child Assistance Program (PCAP) is a paraprofessional intervention for high-risk women and their families. The Case Manager will be responsible for providing direct outreach, home visitation case management, and advocacy services to high-risk mothers who have used alcohol and/or drugs heavily during pregnancy, and to their children, partners, and extended families when needed.
The ideal candidate will enthusiastically support the vision and mission of PCAP and possess the personal qualities of integrity and credibility. They will have the proven ability to work with teams to accomplish multiple tasks and keep multiple projects organized and progressing. The position requires substantial effort to connect with public health agencies, hospitals, social development, alcohol and drug treatment agencies and housing.
What you'll do
- Perform case management activities according to PCAP policies and procedures, in a highly confidential and professional manner
- Manage caseload of 15-20 clients and their families
- Conduct home visits as clinically necessary (approximately twice per month)
- Assist clients in setting goals based on their individual needs assessments, and in identifying steps to achieve their goals; monitor progress
- Identify high-quality community providers and agencies whose services are relevant to client needs
- Provide outreach services to engage and connect clients with the community agencies that will help meet their needs and goals
- Administer clinical assessment instruments dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information, according to PCAP policies and procedures.
- Collect and enter data online
- Coordinate scheduling and attend case staffing's and appointments with community providers with whom client is involved
- Maintain regular contact with client's network of service providers
- Provide housing support/ case management services and documentation as required for housing subcontracts and working agreements
- Obtain and maintain current CPR, Infant CPR, and First Aid Certification
- Contribute to report writing, trainings, and presentations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with high-risk mothers and their families
- Ability to conduct interviews covering extremely sensitive and confidential issues
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must have a valid driver's license and your own vehicle in good working order
- Prior experience with prenatal substance-use-disorder would be considered an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is a strategic management consulting company specializing in developing human resource strategies and plans, facilitating change and building learning and leadership programs. We believe in respect for the individual, leading with integrity and making a difference every day. We make that belief a reality through our work with a wide range of clients who seek to grow their organization and their people.
We collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and tailor program solutions that match the desired outcomes. Every client is unique and so, too, is our approach. Whatever your size or sector, wherever you are in the business life-cycle, we can help. We scale our services to your budget and needs for a perfect fit. A fit for purpose.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If you would like to be part of a dynamic and caring team that focuses on giving purpose and meaning in every life, please submit your cover letter and resume via the Apply Now button.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.