The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading precast concrete manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Precast, a division of The Shaw Group of Companies, has developed a range of precast pipe, structures, retaining walls, and other specialty products for industrial, commercial, residential, and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Precast sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets
We are currently looking for a Carpenter to join our Shaw Precast Division. We are interested in those who have a strong work ethic, maintains a positive attitude and is a strong team player.
Qualifications and responsibilities (includes, but not limited to)
- Build structures using wood as outlined in plans and drawings.
- Contribute to the development of building plans.
- Select and use appropriate materials for products being used.
- Knowledge of carpentry methods, equipment used and appropriate tools for various projects.
- Maintain and update inventory and other records when required.
- Adhere to all health and safety standards and participate in promoting occupational health and safety.
- Clean and oil forms, and pallets, headers, etc. in preparation for reinforcing casting.
- Lift, place, and tie rebar in accordance with construction drawings.
- Maintain equipment, perform daily inspections, keep machines, and work areas clean & tidy daily.
- Willing to be trained on a Lift Truck, Crane operation and other Precast equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete LOTO training and ensure all LOTO procedures are followed in accordance with Shaw operational requirements.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Previous carpentry experience in a construction environment is required.
- Post-secondary education, and/or hold a carpentry trade certificate from a recognized program is preferred. Consideration will be given to an apprentice carpenter.
- Competent in the use and maintenance of related tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of building regulations and codes considered an asset.
- Mechanically inclined with an aptitude for problem solving and troubleshooting would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of working in a safety sensitive environment.
- Ability to lift, pull and pull 50+ lbs. regularly and safely.
- Ability to climb ladders regularly and safely.
- Ability to operate heavy machinery.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and complete repetitive work (repetitive overhead reaching/ movements).
- Positive attitude and motivated to contribute to high production effort.
- Strong team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required during peak season.
- Hardworking and takes ownership.
Please note: This is a full-time position. Hours of work: 40 hours per week with opportunity for overtime.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Woman, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.