New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently creating a casual pool and looking for Instructors to teach in the Sheet Metal Fabrication Program in Moncton.
Our College is committed to transforming lives and communities. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and by our important role in social and economic development.
What you will be working on:
You will be collaborating with and reporting to the Academic Chair of Building and Construction, and a member of the faculty team. You will be responsible for the planning and preparation of instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; instructing and evaluating students; building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties.
Specific instructional areas and courses within the program may include but are not limited to:
- Shop Skills (using hand, power cutting, and power forming equipment for form edges, seams, and locks, as well as using drills, taps, dies, and punches)
- Plant Safety Practices
- Trade Mathematics
- Interpret Blueprints and Specifications
- Use of Rigging Equipment
- Solder and Finish Metals
- Layout and Fabrication
- Communication skills
What we are looking for:
- Certificate of Qualification as a Journeyperson (Red Seal) in Sheet Metal Fabrication
- A working knowledge of MS Office is required.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have a minimum of three (3) years of related, recent work experience at the Journeyperson's level.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience teaching in a post-secondary environment in a blended delivery format.
Please ensure to demonstrate your qualifications on your resume.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For five years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What is in it for you?
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees
- Comprehensive compensation package that includes a competitive salary for this position ranging from $28.39 to $40.00 hourly. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $43.68/hour, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Opportunities for professional development and training
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Education (Instructional) collective agreement for the College.
As part of the Public Service of New Brunswick, NBCC requests proof of vaccination from all NBCC employees. As such, the successful candidate will be asked to show proof of vaccination before an offer of employment is made.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
For the foreseeable future, NBCC will be conducting interviews via the use of technology.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
We welcome you to submit a detailed application and resume online by October 29, 2021. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Instructor – Bricklaying Apprenticeship (Part-time & Full-time)(Casual)
Woodstock, NB, CA
Instructor – Plumbing (Casual)
Woodstock, NB, CA
Instructor, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Program (Casual)
St. Andrews, NB, CA
Instructor Machinist (Casual)
Moncton, NB, CA