New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking dynamic and competent individuals for the position of Clinical and Lab Instructors in the Practical Nurse and Personal Support Worker programs at all NBCC campuses. These are casual positions to start during the period of February 2024 until October 2024, with weekly hours varying depending on need.
When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and by our important role in social and economic development.
What you'll do
Collaborating and reporting to the Academic Chair, as a member of the faculty team, you will be responsible for planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and managing a positive learning environment; instructing and evaluating students; building and sustaining professional relationships with students, colleagues, community partners, and stakeholders; as well as other related duties.
You will have the knowledge, skills, and ability to teach Personal Support Worker and/or Practical Nurse students in clinical and lab settings. The instructor will also teach, supervise, counsel, guide and evaluate students during their clinical rotations in a hospital, nursing home or in the community. This role may involve shift work.
The successful candidates will be willing and able to integrate technology and active student learning techniques into teaching practices.
What you'll need
- A diploma or degree in Nursing, or hold the designation of a Licensed Practical Nurse, with recent and related years of experience in acute care nursing
- The successful candidate must be registered with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick or be eligible for registration
- Successful candidates will be required to provide proof of current immunizations and criminal record/vulnerable sector check
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience teaching in a post-secondary environment in a blended format
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees
- A salary of $28.39 to $40.00 per hour. Successful candidates may be eligible for a higher maximum step, up to $43.68 per hour, based on their level of post-secondary education.
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees and provides free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Education (Instructional) collective agreement for the College.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
NBCC requires proof of vaccination for those employees working in vulnerable settings as a condition of employment.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. To ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in New Brunsiwck at a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
We welcome you to submit a detailed application and resume online by September 30, 2024. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted further.