We're looking for a talented and motivated Business Intelligence Developer who can thrive in an independent and high-pressure environment. As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will collaborate closely with our Product, Design and Engineering Teams to help extract key usage insights and business outcomes for our products. Our product team is a diverse team from around the world that builds best-in-class, beautiful, functional products that our customers love. We offer competitive benefits, a flexible work schedule and quarterly wellness benefits.
A few interesting details about our scale:
- Over 30 million unique monthly visitors for tools we support.
- Hundreds of Terabytes of media and Tens of Terabytes of data in our databases.
- Hundreds of production EC2 instances.
- Over 1 million images/videos added every month.
What you'll do
At Dash Hudson, we consider quality to be a responsibility of the entire company. You will be collaborating closely with our designers, product managers and software engineers to ensure our teams can answer business questions from our different data sources.
- Work closely with our Product and Business Intelligence teams to implement data infrastructure, data usage and product performance best practices.
- Implement and maintain data connections for our different technologies.
- Oversee, design and implement key product and usage insights by creating and maintaining Mixpanel events.
- Write clean and well-organized code in accordance with industry best practices.
- Explore, present and find interesting insights within the data to make business decisions.
- Participate in peer reviewing of code and share expertise with other team members.
- Ensure our data quality across all reports and create notifications for issues.
- Analyze and optimize code for efficiency and performance.
- Maintain and optimize our data infrastructure for the team.
- Maintain tables and data quality in our data warehouse.
What you'll need
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work proactively.
- Experience building and maintaining integrations to multiple data sources.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to changing environments and priorities.
- Experience in implementation and managing data warehouses.
- Experience with building and maintaining a Customer Data Platform (CDP).
- Analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and insights.
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills to enable process improvements.
- Experience analyzing business requirements and functional specifications.
- Experience with our current tech stack will be considered an asset.
- Our tech stack includes Mixpanel, Intercom, Full Story, ProductBoard, Google Analytics, Hubspot, DBT, MySQL, DBT and Data Studio.
Don't meet every qualification? Research shows that equity-deserving groups like women and people of colour are 20% less likely to apply to jobs unless they are 100% qualified. Dash Hudson is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion by representing the diverse communities we serve. We have a culture that values differences and ensures that every current and prospective team member has equitable access to opportunities to succeed. If you are interested and excited about this role but your qualifications don't match up perfectly, we encourage you to still apply. You may be the best candidate for this role.
A little bit about us
The only tool you need to outsmart social 📈
Dash Hudson is a social media management platform that equips brands with intelligence and speed to stay ahead of the curve. Through its sophisticated cross-channel insights and workflow tools, Dash Hudson enables brands to create content that entertains, engages and drives consistent business results. To discover how Dash Hudson is empowering brands to outsmart social, visit dashhudson.com.
At Dash Hudson, you will be given the opportunity to take risks, learn, and grow your career. You'll be joining a talented, hardworking team with leading policies and practices recognized as a top employer in Canada.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Dash Hudson, we strive to build great solutions that solve real problems for marketers and are unabashed about our unique ability to be the best at what we do. To achieve our goals as a company and provide a service to our customers that is unmatched, we believe that collaboration and support among the team is what propels us forward.
Dash Hudson would not exist without the dedicated employees who contribute their unique skills, voices, and ideas to the company's long-term success. Building a diverse and talented team is an integral part of creating an innovative and well-rounded product and work environment.
Dash Hudson's hiring practices and company culture does not condone discrimination based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
At Dash Hudson, our team is our competitive advantage. We are committed to supporting one another and work hard to ensure everyone has the support they need. In addition to health and dental benefits for you and your family, you can also expect:
- Vacation, personal days and sick time
- RRSP/401k matching
- Annual mental health benefit
- Quarterly wellness benefit
- Donation matching program
- Parental leave top-up plan
- Work-from-home benefit
- Flexible working hours and location
- Departmental and team-wide bonding activities