As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you act as the liaison between our Marketing and Sales teams. Your focus is inbound lead qualification and outbound lead development. You love the thrill of the hunt, and know how important your work is to the success of the team. You are energized by connecting with prospects. Your contribution and success has a direct impact on the organization's success.
What you'll do
- Qualification of Marketing Qualified Leads.
- Outbound prospecting to cultivate new leads.
- Understand and communicate how Swept helps cleaning companies grow their business.
- Develop industry knowledge to facilitate a deeper understanding of the needs of our target customers.
- Follow lead development and lead qualification processes that fosters partnerships and communication between marketing and sales.
- Report to the VP, Customer Experience on inbound and outbound results as well as provide feedback on lead quality, best practices and key learnings from customer engagements.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Gather and share competitive intelligence to ensure the team is up to date on competitive threats and opportunities.
What you'll need
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Account Executive or similar role.
- SaaS experience is preferable but not required.
- This job is ideally designed for a self-starter, a business or marketing degree would round out your qualifications.
- Solid sales techniques and a toolbox of well-honed sales skills to draw upon
- A proven history of meeting and exceeding sales targets consistently
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Hubspot)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Self-starter and driven to meet and exceed expectations
- Enjoy contributing to a dynamic team with positivity and unabashed enthusiasm
- Communicate so everyone can understand what you say
- Enjoy the thrill of charting unknown territories in an always evolving workplace
- This is a startup. Versatility and adaptability are highly valued as we grow, you grow. That means sometimes we stretch into different areas to close gaps.
A little bit about us
Swept makes simple software designed specifically for the Janitorial Industry. Our mobile and web based solutions promotes proactive communication between you and your cleaners while providing you important information. It will save you time, make you more effective, and improve your customer's satisfaction.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are a Halifax homegrown start-up success story and proud tenant of Volta Labs. More specifically, we are a SaaS company that helps office cleaning companies win contracts and retain their cleaners. The janitorial industry is full of logistical challenges that negatively impact the quality of the work completed and the relationships business owners have with their remote staff (cleaners). That's where we come in.
Not to brag...
Okay, we're going to brag a little bit because we are so excited to share.... we are growing our team again! In our short history, we have continuously expanded our client base around the globe and our exceptionally talented team continues to wow them with new product developments and amazing client experience. We treat our clients like family.
But don't take our word for it:
"Swept is amazing. It has streamlined our operations significantly. Most definitely a time/headache/sanity tool that's indispensable to our industry." - USA client
"You are on fire. The way you are helping owners like me, it blows my mind. You have so many resources, it's extremely helpful. Very impressive." - Australian client
Joining our team won't be a cake walk, but for the right person, it will be worth it. Here is what you can expect:
- Crafty Writing - send us a Swept centric cover letter and resume - make it awesome.
- The Sniff Test - We'll review your cover letter and resume, check for spelling and whether you properly used their, there and they're correctly.
- The 'It's All About You' call - this is your opportunity to tell us your hopes and dreams, a few key
- experiences and the amazing skills you acquired along the journey.
- The Panel of Smarty Pants - meet with a select group of our team.
- 'If I were Michael, what would I do?' Scenario Assessment - apply your grey matter and hardcore talents to resolve a fictional scenario... or is it real?
- At any point in the process, you may meet with our Founder. We like to keep 'when' a surprise.
Are you one of us? Then Apply! We are incredibly busy doing awesome things to amaze our customers so only those selected to move forward will be contacted.