For over 30 years, Remsoft, has been providing optimization technology that empowers organizations to maximize the performance and value of their assets. Through advanced analytics, modeling and spatial optimization technology and services, we simplify complex, high variable decisions. We help our clients to identify opportunities to improve margins, increase revenue, and maximize asset value.
Remsoft is seeking an enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated Business Analyst. We are aggressively working through our roadmap priorities and focused on releasing a series of cloud-based products over the coming years. Working closely with product and engineering teams during early SDLC phases, the successful candidate will play a key role in helping to define the business requirements for these products. This position is in Fredericton, New Brunswick, although qualified candidates who can effectively work at a distance will also be considered.
What you'll do
- Develop and document statements of requirements for considered alternatives.
- Perform business analyses of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, and decision flows.
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document items such as database content, structure, application subsystems.
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing system.
- Translate business requirements into systems design and specifications.
- Develop technical specifications for systems development, design and implementation.
- Establish acceptance test criteria and test plan.
- Document help text, user manuals, technical documentation, web page content, etc.
- Responsible for definition and maintenance of the Remsoft Delivery team BA processes.
What you'll need
- Language: English
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or comparable community college IT diploma program
- Strong technical background with analytical competencies and very strong technical writing skills
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and potentially travel internationally to client sites
- Willing to Travel
- If you are not currently working/located in Fredericton please address this in your Cover Letter.
- IIBA certification completion or in progress
- Strong consulting skills (e.g., active listening, understanding client challenges, etc.)
- Oral and written communication skills in French
A little bit about us
For over a quarter of a century, Remsoft has been the global leader in Optimization Software for Land-Based Asset Management. We've been working with over 150 clients around the globe, spanning 15 countries, to offer optimized planning and scheduling solutions across all land-based and infrastructure sectors. More than half a billion acres of land is managed globally and sustainably through Remsoft's products and services.
We use our technology and expertise to improve the condition and productivity of the world's land-based assets: forests, roads, energy resources and more. We help organizations develop business and environmental sustainability through optimized plans and schedules which enable the allocation of resources to achieve desired outcomes with more profitability, sustainability, mitigated risk, considering constantly shifting variables.
Since our roots are in forestry, we've always been thinking in futures and planning a generation ahead. As forward and future thinkers, this translates not only into profitability, but sustainability. We've been able to achieve this with our technology, talented team and a growing list of partners. We have an expert team with ongoing investment in research and development. We've done it, and we'll continue to do it. We are profitable, sustainable futurists for companies around the world in all sectors.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At Remsoft we have a team of smart, curious problem solvers that are up to the challenge of solving complex, million-dollar problems. They inspire confidence and have earned the trust of global clients who are leaders and innovators in their field. We have a collaborative environment where everyone's contribution is valued. Company goals are visible and tracked. Milestones are celebrated.
We are passionate about making a difference locally and globally. We contribute, and are committed to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
The Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work and life balance. We welcome diversity and support flexibility. We care about individual well being.
If you're an independent thinker looking for your next challenge, consider joining our team.