PLATO is Canada's only Indigenous-led, Indigenous staffed software testing services firm. We insist on working with quality people who share our passion for quality testing and have built a team of people who also believe quality is the most important deliverable. Our team of software testing specialists believes that better software leads to a better world.
We are committed to building strong communities - PLATO trains and employs members of First Nations, Metis, and Inuit communities across the country and strives to build a network of 1000 Indigenous software testers across Canada. PLATO has offices on or near Indigenous communities across Canada, in Fredericton, Miramichi, Sault Ste Marie, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, and Victoria.
We are currently looking for Business Analysts for our Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, and Fredericton-based customers. Responsibilities will include working with business stakeholders to elicit, analyze, specify and validate IT solutions to meet business needs. Must be able to bring together diverse stakeholder groups, drive consensus and create a shared understanding while maintaining alignment with business and IT strategies.
What you'll do
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions
- Review existing applications and validate existing documentation of business requirements, processes and system specifications to develop an understanding of the existing functionality
- Analyze existing processes and perform analysis to identify opportunities to streamline processes, eliminate redundancy and ensure that processes are efficient, sustainable, and repeatable
- Stay up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
- Meet with business leadership (SME, product manager, process owner) to understand new business requirements; create and validate technical requirements documentation
- Develop a clear definition and acceptance criteria for application features to ensure the business requirements will be addressed
- Participate in the implementation of new applications; work closely with the business to create comprehensive test plans for different applications, business processes, and technical solutions
- Train and support users in conducting UAT, create test cases for all phases of testing, gather feedback, tracks and reports defects, and follow up to ensure resolution of outstanding issues
What you'll need
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven working experience in business analysis
- Excellent client facing communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses leading edge technical knowledge
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Understands principles of agile development
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality deliverables
- IIBA, PMI-PBA, and/or Scrum certification is preferred
A little bit about us
Who We Are
PLATO is a software testing and technology services company trusted by clients around the world.
In addition to providing our clients the highest quality software testing services, PLATO is creating careers in technology for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people from coast to coast to coast through our innovative train-and-employ model. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Suncor, TD Bank, Medavie, BCLC, LinkedIn, Boeing, and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing, and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver specialized QA services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage, and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PLATO, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a people manager to help guide them through their professional development, offer e-learning classes, and allow our employees to pursue software certifications for cutting-edge technologies.
PLATO respectfully acknowledges that our offices are located on treaty territories, unceded First Nations and Inuit territories, and part of Métis homelands. We honour their long history of welcoming many Nations to the beautiful Turtle Island and we actively work towards reconciliation between Métis, Inuit, and First Nation peoples and non-Indigenous people on this Land.
We contribute to proactive employment practices to promote inclusivity and diversity to those especially marginalized populations such as women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples, and all other groups protected under the Human Rights Code.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities by provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
JOB ID: 22T022