At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
We are now inviting applications to be considered for the position of Business Analyst with our Events East Finance & Technology team. This position is a full time, permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Senior Director Finance & Technology, the Business Analyst will analyze business processes and business systems, with a view to improving efficiency through the use of technology. The BA will focus on finance, payroll and related controls, and will participate in business and business technology initiatives, providing management with analytical support. They will work closely with the Business Systems Analyst to implement new, and improve existing business applications, with a focus on business process and end user acceptance and proficiency.
What you'll do
The Business Analyst will recommend efficiency improvements, educate technology users, gather and document business requirements, co-ordinate process change, support and lead integration and user testing, and provide business support. They will represent the Finance function in any business technology initiatives that have a finance or payroll focus.
Our ideal candidate is someone who demonstrates curiosity in understanding business process and requirements, a desire to help users become proficient with business technology. Essential to the success of the role will be multitasking skills and the ability to respond to multiple competing priorities.
What you'll need
- 2-3 years of experience working as a Business Analyst in a business or project environment
- 1-2 years' experience related to finance and/or financial systems, including understanding of finance concepts and terms
- Proven and clear verbal and written communications skills in English language
- Business degree and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Certification in Business Analysis, relevant education or equivalent, would be considered an asset
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint) with advanced skills in Excel; experience using Office 365 would be preferred
- Aptitude for understanding new technologies and applying technology to business processes
- Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into technology requirements
- Demonstrated ability to translate technology functions/features into efficient business process
- Proven skills in clearly documenting processes and procedures for end users
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization, and especially with subject matter experts
- Prefer experience in helping users adapt to and manage change, and in using new systems
- Familiar with organizational change management concepts
- Able to work well independently, as well as part of a team
We're looking for
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Are you looking for challenging, rewarding work where no two days are quite the same? Would you like to be part of a world-class organization that is committed to creating great guest experience that showcase our down east hospitality? Here is your opportunity to advance your career and help raise the standard of excellence in locally hosted and internationally reputed events!
At Events East, we connect the world to Nova Scotia by creating memorable event experiences.