Remsoft, a leader in business analytics, is seeking an enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated Business Analyst. We are aggressively working through our roadmap priorities and focussed on releasing a series of cloud-based products over the coming years. Working closely with product and engineering teams during early SDLC phases, the successful candidate will play a key role in helping to define the business requirements for these products. This position is located in Fredericton, New Brunswick, although qualified candidates who can effectively work at a distance will also be considered.
What you'll do
- Develop and document statements of requirements for considered alternatives
- Perform business analyses of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, and decision flows
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document items such as database content, structure, application subsystems
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing system
- Translate business requirements into systems design and specifications
- Develop technical specifications for systems development, design and implementation
- Establish acceptance test criteria and test plan
- Document help text, user manuals, technical documentation, web page content, etc.
What you'll need
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or comparable community college IT diploma program
- Strong technical background with analytical competencies and very strong technical writing skills
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and potentially travel internationally to client sites
- IIBA certification completion or in progress
- Strong consulting skills (e.g. active listening, understanding client challenges, etc.)
- Oral and written communication skills in French
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Remsoft provides software based on optimization and data analytics, to help companies generate improved operational and long-term plans; and create actionable schedules that drive improved performance and productivity.
We operate in forestry, utilities and civil infrastructure - delivering to public, government and state organizations. We help them determine optimal decisions that marry efficient asset management, maximum returns and managed risk.
Remsoft is a commercial software vendor with SaaS and perpetual licensed products. We augment our software and deep consulting services, to simplify complex, high-variable decisions. We help our clients improve margins and maximize asset value; and our clients report savings measured in the tens of millions of dollars.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Not just an office with a great view - the Remsoft culture is one that promotes a healthy work/life balance… and we don't just talk the talk, we walk the walk. Our team of dynamic individuals is passionate about our community at home and abroad and contributing to the social and environmental sustainability of our planet.
We're totally invested in awesome, and we're proud to have gained the reputation of being a great place to work.
Remsoft offers an impressive showcase of work and life benefits to all its employees. These include:
Compensation & benefits
Competitive salaries, employee share appreciation rights plan, 100% employer paid benefits for employees, health and wellness benefit, paid parental leave, and training funding.
Tight knit team, flexible work hours, company-wide goals and visibility, annual 'Remsoft Day' holiday, catered monthly team lunch for all employees, team socials and celebrations, and weekly Friday Happy Hour.
On-site massage therapy, paid volunteer and personal days, flexible work hours, and the option of working from home