Remsoft, a leader in business analytics, is seeking an enthusiastic, positive and self-motivated Business Analyst to join its Product Innovation Team. We are currently in the early design stages of a multi- phased development program that will see the release of a series of cloud-based products over the coming years. Working closely with product and engineering teams during early SDLC phases, the successful candidate will play a key role in helping to define the business requirements for these products.
What you'll do
- Develop and document statements of requirements for considered alternatives
- Perform business analyses of functional requirements to identify information, procedures, and decision flows
- Evaluate existing procedures and methods, identify and document items such as database content, structure, application subsystems
- Define and document interfaces of manual to automated operations within application subsystems, to external systems, and between new and existing systems
- Translate business requirements into systems design and specifications
- Develop technical specifications for systems development, design and implementation
- Establish acceptance test criteria and test plan
- Document help text, user manuals, technical documentation, web page content, etc.
- Able to travel occasionally to our office in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
What you'll need
Experience: 1 to 5 years experience in a similar role.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or comparable community college IT diploma program
- Strong technical background with analytical competencies and very strong technical writing skills
- Strong oral communication and presentations skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- IIBA certification completion or in progress
- Oral and written communication skills in French
- Strong consulting skills (e.g. active listening, understanding client challenges, etc.)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Remsoft provides software based on optimization and data analytics, to help companies generate improved operational and long-term plans; and create actionable schedules that drive improved performance and productivity.
We operate in forestry, utilities and civil infrastructure - delivering to public, government and state organizations. We help them determine optimal decisions that marry efficient asset management, maximum returns and managed risk.
Remsoft is a commercial software vendor with SaaS and perpetual products. We augment our software and deep consulting services, to simplify complex, high-variable decisions. We help our clients improve margins and maximize asset value; and our clients report savings measured in the tens of millions of dollars.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our team consists of experienced, intelligent and ambitious individuals, who are highly committed to developing solutions that create a positive impact on our clients and in our community, both locally and globally. For twenty-five years, Remsoft has been providing optimization technology that empowers organizations to maximize the performance and value of their assets in the natural resources sector, leading to sustainable management. Through advanced analytics, modeling and spatial optimization technology and services, we simplify complex, high-variable decisions. We help our clients to identify opportunities to improve margins, increase revenue, and maximize asset value, reporting savings or gains measured in the millions of dollars.
Remsoft offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.