Reporting to the Senior Business Analyst, the Business analyst will work closely with organizational Business Units and Programs to identify and define, design, and develop solutions across the organization.
The focus of the role will be in supporting the business units in the definition and delivery of business related processes and solutions. This role serves as a subject matter expert associated with content, processes and procedures, develops high level implementation plans, assists in complex problem-solving of business processes, and may assist with test case development and test execution. The Business Analyst will have responsibility for gathering and defining business and system requirements, conducting gap analysis, and developing functional design documents to drive business value while supporting the overall business' strategy, goals and objectives.
As an employee of EMC we are accountable to our patients and coworkers by participating in and supporting all safety related initiatives, as well as acting in a manner that fosters a culture that focuses on patient safety and a safe workplace.
What you'll do
This position entails, but is not limited to the following:
• Ability to assess Business Unit/Function needs, clearly eliciting, translating, and documenting business, functional and non-functional requirements into functional design specifications
• Ability to clearly communicate and clarify the business requirements to key stakeholders
• Advocate quality of solutions that meet or exceed defined business requirements
• Analyze and interpret data and information to guide process and solution decisions for the organization.
• Plan for acceptance of solution (through change management, communication, training needs).
• Create and maintain long-term working relationships with business units, functional counterparts, vendors and technology/business project resources/teams.
• Work with Business units and technical teams to proactively and effectively troubleshoot problems.
• Assist in advanced trouble-shooting and business process support related to system issues/requests
• Develop and deliver the following documents as required: Business Requirements Documents, Design Documents, Use Cases, and Process Models.
• Create solution designs across process, data, and technology that meet business requirements and adhere to relevant standards and principles, leveraging common tools and processes, and meet cost/delivery objectives.
• Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment on solution designs and requirements. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, customer satisfaction reviews, etc.
• Participate in driving project and product quality from inception of design to final release.
• Identify issues relating to missing or misinterpreted business requirements, so that corrective actions can be developed and applied accordingly
• Assist in the preparation of high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution
• As a member of the project team provide guidance and oversight during all phases of the project including: requirements gathering, initiation, design, build, test, implementation, and post implementation support.
• Ensure that all organizational critical system and business requirements comply with government regulations and privacy legislation
• Participate in the development, implementation of, and review of performance development related policies and procedures, as required.
• Conduct requirements gathering workshops and other education needs activities of individuals within the organization
• Provide change management support and leadership to enterprise project managers, coordinators and division leads.
• Support an organizational change management strategy.
What you'll need
Education & Experience Required
• A Bachelor's degree in health sciences, business administration, engineering, computer science, or related field, or an equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
• 4 - 7 years successfully working as a business analyst combined with experience in a lead role
• Familiarity with Business Analyst Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
• Familiarity with Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
• Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience with in-house developed and/or vendor provided business solution implementations.
• Knowledge of and experience with Change Management
• Experience in developing and maintaining requirements documentation
• Technical and business knowledge in multiple disciplines/processes
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills with capability of explaining simple/complex procedures in writing or verbally so end user/non-technical personnel can understand.
• Health care experience including portfolio, program and/or project level leadership experience would be considered a strong asset
• BA (CBAP or CCBA) certification or equivalent experience would be considered a strong asset.
• PMP certification would be considered an asset
• Experience working in a business role with supervisors and managers as clients.
Knowledge & Skills
• Demonstrated analytical, oral, written, and presentation skills
• Knowledge and/or expertise in healthcare management, information technology, finance, and human resources
• Basic understanding of report development using SQL technologies; TCP/IP networking, internet and firewall technologies; wireless technologies, etc.
• Skilled in usage of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Project and Sharepoint
• Able to strategically align corporate business objectives with the organizations vision, mission and strategic objectives
• Able to exercise independent judgment and problem solve with discretion
• Demonstrated self-starter, decision-maker and problem-solver able to work with a minimum of supervision
• Self-organized, methodical and orderly, with the ability to define tasks, establish priorities and implement according to plan
• Exercises a significant degree of discretion in the decision making process
• Displays an aptitude for negotiation and dispute resolution skills, leading team members by example
• Ability to motivate and lead others, in a dynamic environment
• Attention to detail in managing complex changes and following accepted project management principles.
• Proficient time management skills to meet all deadlines on schedule
The employee will spend various periods of sitting, standing, walking, crouching, lifting, and / or carrying light objects. Required to maintain one position for possible long periods of time, such as sitting at meetings, or at a desk setting. Employee will be reading data or inputting data, report writing, operating a word processor, computer, calculator, and talking on the telephone. Use and exposure to general office equipment such as fax, photocopier, printer, and personal computer. Exposure to low to moderate noise levels.
There may some travel involved in this role.
*This posting will remain open until the role is filled.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC)
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services (MHS) that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) Operations division and the Department of Health and Wellness.