Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for a Brand Marketing Specialist.
Who WE Are:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We deliver quality results and offer a collaborative and community focused work environment in which to do it. Our employees' wellbeing is a top priority, and we underscore that with flexible working arrangements, personal days, and even birthdays off, to enable employees' to strike a balance that works for them. We strive to create an environment where all team members have opportunities for growth and feel welcome, valued, supported and connected.
If your values align with ours, consider joining our team as a Brand Marketing Specialist.
A TYPICAL DAY:
Working as part of a team, the Brand Marketing Specialist is responsible for providing strategic input into regional marketing campaigns, programs and overseeing aspects of and assisting with their implementation and execution. The incumbent will support the Regional Marketing Program (RMP)by leading the strategy, development, coordination, and execution of campaigns, programs and other RMP related activities and assisting with marketing programs that support Atlantic Central, League Savings and Mortgage and the Atlantic credit union system.
1. Performs the following in support of the Regional Marketing Program (RMP), including but not limited to:
o Managing the lifecycle of campaigns by setting schedules, engaging and working with a variety of stakeholders, partners and agencies, creating and facilitating campaign related webinars and providing input to creative and conceptual development, media strategy, content planning, and measurement, etc.).
o Leading the Regional Marketing Advisory Committee (RMAC) in the absence of the Manager, Brand Marketing, including setting meeting agendas, preparing and delivering regional marketing materials and updates and soliciting feedback from credit union marketing resources.
o Leading the strategy related to defined marketing segments and personas and their implementation in RMP activities.
o Leading the development and execution of marketing programs for various service offerings.
o Providing support to the credit unions on the regional marketing plan including answering questions, resolving issues, and providing advice and guidance on the implementation of the plan in the Atlantic credit union system.
o Providing input into the creation and production of advertising and promotional activities.
o Overseeing the delivery of and communication about support materials, guides, and campaign and marketing resources to credit unions.
2. Designs, develops and delivers training and information sessions in support of marketing campaigns and product release implementations, system meetings, and to enhance understanding of the RMP.
3. Monitors trends in the marketplace, identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for enhancements to incorporate relevant information and best practices into marketing activities and education programs such as campaigns or the marketing education series.
4. Supports the Director and Manager as required, including but not limited to participation in strategic initiatives and conversations; acting as team lead, conducting team meetings; assigning responsibilities and providing guidance and leadership; leading agency conversations and projects.
5. Provides input into the development of the annual RMP plan and budget and ensures marketing activities, programs and campaigns are accomplished on time and within set budgets.
6. Collaborates with internal team and external partners to set goals, objectives, and key performance indicators. Tracks and reports on performance results for the various marketing initiatives, escalating concerns to Manager and/or RMAC.
7. Serves on internal and external committees as required. Leads the Joint Marketing Committee including, but not limited to, setting meeting agenda, preparing and distributing regional marketing materials and updates, and soliciting feedback from credit union marketing resources.
What you'll need
The Brand Marketing Specialist will have successfully completed a Degree in Marketing, plus have 5-7 years relevant experience. Experience working in the financial industry with a solid understanding of financial products and services would be considered an asset.
You have strong interpersonal skills and proven proficiency in copywriting for marketing including news releases, and social media, with a demonstrated knowledge of marketing principles and direct marketing concepts and delivery of campaigns. You have proven ability in designing training sessions using the principles of adult education and are a savvy and effective presenter and facilitator. You must also have a working knowledge of financial products and services including features and benefits; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,) and strong oral and written communication skills ,ability to multitask, while balancing conflicting priorities/deadlines.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
About Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central is the regional trade association for more than 40 independent member credit unions across Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of financial services, leadership, and advocacy to support credit unions and the communities we serve to grow well. Our credit unions proudly serve nearly 293,000 members and play a significant role in the Atlantic Canadian economy.
We are proud to be a Certified B CorporationTM joining a global movement of people using business as a force for good. We are committed to making business decisions that are in the best interests of our employees, credit unions and their members.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The position offers the ability to work remotely and services the Atlantic Provinces.
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-6 ($60,644 - $71,346). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central provides a range of services, leadership, and advocacy at the provincial, regional, and national levels. Collectively, the 42 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $12 billion in mortgages, loans, and deposits on behalf of 294,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company's operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. LSM, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.