New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Bilingual Instructor. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a term employment opportunity for the period to December 2024, with the possibility of extension, located at the Springhill Institution.
What you'll do
As part of the School of Professional and Part-time Learning and reporting to the Manager of Professional Learning, the Bilingual Instructor is responsible for teaching students which includes planning and preparing instructional materials and resources; establishing and maintaining a positive learning environment; and instructing and evaluating students.
What you'll need
- Bachelor of Education Degree with related work experience (OR)
Bachelor's degree AND Certificate in Adult Education (OR) Certificate in Andragogy (OR) a Masters in Education from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have a minimum of three years of recent and related work experience.
- A Nova Scotia teacher's license.
- WHIMIS and Basic First Aid.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French are required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Highly flexible with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to navigate and build relationships effectively throughout the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, analytical ability, and innovative thinking.
- Self-motivated, service and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a criminal background check and be asked to show proof of vaccination before an offer of employment is made.
- Demonstrated experience with teaching adult learners and working in a correctional facility would be considered assets.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Comprehensive compensation and benefits package based on experience and Nova Scotia's Labor Laws and regulations.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are welcomed to submit a detailed application and resume online. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted further.