Work Location: Hybrid team work arrangement
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a bilingual Customer Care Representative located in Moncton, NB.
As a Customer Care Representative, you are responsible for providing top-quality customer service and problem-solving expertise on an assigned Customer Care team: Team Retailer Support or Team Player Support. A friendly self-starter you can handle high call volumes by engaging in client-focused conversations, take the initiative to obtain solutions through effective listening and problem-solving skills/techniques, pay attention to detail, and can follow established Customer Care operating procedures. You enjoy multi-tasking, embrace change, and are comfortable with working both unaccompanied and within a team environment.
Posting will remain open until the position is filled.
AL Benefits & Perks:
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision day one.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Pension Plan.
- Annual Salary Range: $46,400 to $56,600
Shift premium pay for evening and weekend shifts.
Overtime opportunities (voluntary).
- 3 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) & 13 paid statutory holidays.
- Personal leave (22.5 hours per year).
- Bonus programs that include annual performance & sales goals.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Moncton Office has a gym on site, wellness program including fitness classes and 30 min per week with personal trainer.
- Volunteer Service (15 hours per year).
- May have option to work remotely.
What you'll do
Customer Service/Technical Support - Provide quality service and knowledgeable customer and technical support to retailers, players, the general public, and AL field staff while maintaining corporate image and integrity.
Player Advocate - Embrace a culture that emphasizes the importance of customer experience and player advocacy by demonstrating these attributes through each interaction with our players.
Problem Solving - Analyze and identify the nature of problems by following established procedures. Engages other internal, external and third party resources as required to resolve the problem.
Communication - Strong communication (verbal and written) and active listening in order to effectively probe and analyze the issues while using interpersonal and influencing skills to reach the desired outcome of the interaction.
Team Retailer Support:
- Respond to inquiries and resolve calls for lottery (products sold and promoted at retail locations) and video lottery players, retailers, technicians, and the general public throughout Atlantic Canada.
- Training will be provided to effectively and efficiently respond to general retail inquiries, and to troubleshoot hardware (communication and terminal) devices at both Lottery and Video Lottery establishments.
Team Player Support:
- Respond to inquiries and/or resolve calls for online lottery players and the general public related to promotions and lottery games available for sale on alc.ca, iCasino, 2Chance.ca, and Proline Stadium.com throughout Atlantic Canada.
- Training will be provided to effectively and efficiently assist callers on the registration and purchasing process, how to play games online, and to troubleshoot accessing and playing via electronic web browsers and devices (i.e. PC, laptop, mobile, and iPads).
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in a contact center or help desk environment providing technical support;
- Digital literacy across a broad range of devices (i.e., smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.) with above average keyboarding skills, internet and computer navigation;
- Aptitude for providing technical support and;
- Bilingual (French & English)
- You have outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Available to work a variety of shifts during our current operating hours (8am - 11pm);
- Ability to deal with sensitive situations and ensuring confidentiality;
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences, and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns and;
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Experience with lottery and/or gaming environment.
Available to work the following Hours of Operations, including scheduled statutory holidays:
- Team Retailer Support: 7 am to 10 pm from Monday to Friday, and 8 am to 10 pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Team Player Support: 8 am to 11 pm from Monday to Sunday.
You will need to work a Saturday or Sunday, not both, and always scheduled with 2 consecutive days off.
The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All new hires for our Contact Center are required to provide services in both official languages therefore there will be some questions during the interview in both languages.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks, Predictive Index (PI) Assessments/Testing prior to employment.