The Federation of New Brunswick Faculty Associations (FNBFA) is a small, non-profit, bilingual organization whose mission is essentially to promote the interests of the five member associations of the province's four public universities.
This is a renewable18-month contract, subject to budgetary approval by the Board of Directors at the Annual General Meeting in April or May 2025.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing quality administrative support for the management of the small office and the smooth running of FNBFA as a whole.
Your duties will include the following:
· Coordinate the organization of events and activities including but not limited to FNBFA Executive Committee meetings, Board of Directors meetings, FNBFA Board development, conferences and workshops offered by the FNBFA;
· record and prepare minutes of meetings;
· make and confirm appointments;
· provide administrative support to FNBFA committees;
· update the FNBFA website in both official languages;
· help create and update databases;
· assist the Executive Director with fact-finding and publications in both official languages, especially on higher education and labour relations;
· assist with the preparation of periodic reports and surveys as required by various government agencies;
· assist in the production, proofreading, and formatting of documents in either or both official languages;
· maintain the few digital subscriptions;
· assist the Executive Director in formulating and updating procedures manuals and calendars;
· provide general administrative support, including document filing, processing of regular and electronic mail, management of office supplies, facilities upkeep;
· any other duties assigned by the Executive Director and/or Board of Directors members.
What you'll need
Bilingualism is mandatory (spoken and written French and spoken and written English).
· A post-secondary degree in a field related to the position or a combination of education and relevant experience;
· Solid writing/editing and interpersonal communication skills;
· Initiative, attention to detail, discretion, ability to exercise judgment;
· Experience in a work environment with Microsoft 365 and creative software;
· Experience in updating a website;
· Facility to work autonomously and collaboratively;
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
· Good working knowledge of office procedures.
· At least two years of relevant experience in a similar position;
· Understanding of unionized workplaces;
· Knowledge of the post-secondary environment.
A little bit about us
The Federation of New Brunswick Faculty Associations (FNBFA)
The Federation of New Brunswick Faculty Associations represents the interests of approximately 1,500 professors, contract academic staff, librarians, and researchers at six campuses of the province's four public universities. It advocates the advancement of their profession, the protection of the institutional autonomy of universities and academic freedom and aims to improve the quality of post-secondary education and research in the province.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
You will work 35 hours per week or 0.75 FTE for a small non-profit organization located on Fredericton's North Side, on Main Street. Parking is free.
Flexible working hours and working from home are negotiable.
The Administrative Assistant will unequivocally assume a key role in the organization as an administrative professional.
The competitive salary includes a generous benefits package. A shorter work week with commensurate pay is negotiable for a better work-life balance.
The FNBFA is committed to employment equity for women, Aboriginal persons, members of visible minorities groups and persons with disabilities. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
The FNBFA acknowledges that it is operating on the traditional unceded territory of the Wəlastəkwiyik (Maliseet) and Mi'kmaq Peoples.