Our development team is on a mission to build a platform that is scalable, reliable and builds on industry leading technology. We are a growing and diverse team who is seeking people with robust problem solving skills, a continuous desire to learn and a deep-rooted passion of their craft: building quality software.
You will join a development team of equal peers where you can have an impact from the very first day. If you have experience as a backend developer and you are ready to take the next step in your career, Harbr is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
You will benefit from a flexible work schedule, sponsored training and much more. Need a day to work from home to handle personal matters? No problem! We are based in the heart of the brand new Volta Labs offices where you have the opportunity to be part of Halifax's vibrant startup community and meet fellow passionate developers.
What you'll do
- Experience building web services using any of the following: Django, Go, Ruby on Rails, Play Framework, Spring MVC, Laravel, Go
- Strong understanding of RESTful services
- Designing database schemas
- Working on either relational or non-relational database systems
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Experience with GraphQL is very nice to have.
- Designing technical solutions based on business requirements
- Degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- Share your work on GitHub or your portfolio!
What you'll need
- Building and scaling a user-focused platform
- Take ownership of key components of our platform
- Seek optimal solutions that answer clients needs
- Champion top programming practices and standards
- Be an active participant with the database design
- Engage with product and business teams
- Participate in code reviews and peer mentoring
- Seek opportunities to build on your current skill set or learn new technologies
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
We build technology for the construction ecosystem. Our mission is to connect built world networks.
Today, we work with emerging retail brands that are scaling up their brick-and-mortar strategy as well as established brands who are expanding and refreshing concepts at scale.
Through machine learning and an owner-oriented work management utility, our mission is digitizing the construction industry forging a path to realizing over $1.7 Trillion in construction productivity waste.
Harbr supports diversity and equal opportunity in a very serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We are certain the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Our company's philosophy regarding gender parity has been endorsed by our clients, investors, and supporters as well as the construction, tech and business communities. In June 2018, Digital Nova Scotia presented Harbr with the Diversity Champion of the Year Award. This is a great recognition of the progress that Harbr is making towards creating diversity and empowering women in male-dominated industries.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Snack and beverages
- Company sponsored training and annual conference budget
- Your workstation and gear: motorized adjustable desk, ergonomic chair, brand new MacBook Pro, 4k monitor and you get to pick your peripherals
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others