Our development team is on a mission to build a platform that is scalable, reliable and builds on industry leading technology. We are a growing and diverse team who is seeking people with robust problem solving skills, a continuous desire to learn and a deep-rooted passion of their craft: building quality software.
You will join a development team of equal peers where you can have an impact from the very first day. If you have experience as a backend developer and you are ready to take the next step in your career, Harbr is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
You will benefit from a flexible work schedule, sponsored training and much more. Need a day to work from home to handle personal matters? No problem! We are based in the heart of the brand new Volta Labs offices where you have the opportunity to be part of Halifax's vibrant startup community and meet fellow passionate developers.
What you'll do
- Experience building web services using any of the following: Django, Go, Ruby on Rails, Play Framework, Spring MVC, Laravel, Go
- Strong understanding of RESTful services
- Designing database schemas
- Working on either relational or non-relational database systems
- Experience with CI/CD processes
- Experience with GraphQL is very nice to have.
- Designing technical solutions based on business requirements
- Degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent knowledge and/or experience
- Share your work on GitHub or your portfolio!
What you'll need
- Building and scaling a user-focused platform
- Take ownership of key components of our platform
- Seek optimal solutions that answer clients needs
- Champion top programming practices and standards
- Be an active participant with the database design
- Engage with product and business teams
- Participate in code reviews and peer mentoring
- Seek opportunities to build on your current skill set or learn new technologies
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Harbr is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) work management AI for retail owners. With diversity ingrained in our DNA to foster creativity and innovation, our mission is to make it as simple as possible for retailers to build anywhere at scale while maintaining complete control of their brand.
Harbr's leadership blends commercial real-estate, commercial construction and SaaS industry experience to stay ahead of the curve in the ever-changing world of brick-and-mortar retail. We are a proud Nova Scotia based company determined to create industry re-defining and world-renowned products. In February 2019, Harbr was recognized as one of the Top 10 Construction Technology Solution Providers for 2019 by CIO Applications, a Silicon Valley-based technology magazine. Being amongst this prestigious group of construction innovators is tremendous recognition for the progress Harbr is making towards our mission. Harbr is part of the Volta Labs startup community and seeks to expand and contribute meaningfully to the entire retail, construction and technology ecosystems.
Harbr supports diversity and equal opportunity in a very serious way, as reflected in our company mission statement. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We are certain the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Our company's philosophy regarding gender parity has been endorsed by our clients, investors and supporters as well as the construction, tech and business communities. In June 2018, Digital Nova Scotia presented Harbr with the Diversity Champion of the Year Award. This is a great recognition of the progress that Harbr is making towards creating diversity and empowering women in male-dominated industries.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Flexible work hours
- Snack and beverages
- Company sponsored training and annual conference budget
- Your workstation and gear: motorized adjustable desk, ergonomic chair, brand new MacBook Pro, 4k monitor and you get to pick your peripherals
- Opportunity for career progression and mentoring others