Lounsbury Automotive in Bathurst has an opening for a Automotive Shop Supervisor to work in the Service Department. Your main responsibility is to ensure that work is flowing through the shop in the most efficient way while being aware of expenses, time spent on repair orders, and the skill level of technicians.
Why work with us?
The Lounsbury Group of Companies is committed to investing in our employees through training programs and a great work environment, plus:
- Competitive Wages
- Benefit Plan
- Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation Days and Sick Days
- Great work culture
- Fun and dynamic work environment
- Employee discounts on cars and furniture
- Coordinate the flow of all work that is in progress in the Shop.
- Prioritize work according to promised times, comebacks, waiters, etc.
- Monitor & verify the necessity of repairs as determined by Service Advisors and/or Technicians.
- Authorize, explain, and document all straight-time requests prior to the repairs being performed.
- Make an assessment of comeback responsibility, and properly route comeback repairs to the appropriate technician.
- Ensure that Technicians obtain authorization for decisions regarding major or expensive component replacement.
- Review and approve any change in repair orders and discuss.
- Schedule shop work as efficiently as possible, keeping in mind expenses and revenue.
- Assist the Service Manager in the implementation and management of a quality control system.
- Maximize shop productivity and seek ways to make continuous improvements in work flow.
- Verify work orders are turned in by technicians to ensure repair orders are filled out properly and assigned work is complete
- Ensure that time promises are met and alert Service Advisors and Salespeople of any delays
- College diploma or demonstrated work experience.
- Must be technically inclined.
- Previous experience in a coordinating, supervisory, or customer service role.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driver's abstract.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service skills, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good work ethic who can work independently and prioritize tasks.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Lounsbury Automotive Bathurst
The Lounsbury Group has successful retail operations in New Brunswick, covering the entire province from north to south. Lounsbury's greatest accomplishment is the ability to have grown our business in a diverse environment of bilingual communities. Lounsbury Group employs over 400 employees in its automotive dealerships, heavy-duty truck dealerships, brand name home furnishing stores and our own independent leasing company. We are a company which has rejuvenated itself continuously to remain leaders in our respective businesses. Our network of operations covers the region and our corporate goodwill has enabled us to develop strong relationships in the communities we serve.