Closing Date: Deecember 1st, 2023 at 4:00 PM
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
The Office of the Registrar provides administrative and coordination services in support of the UNB learning community. Services that we provide to students, faculty and staff include admission, academic advising (Saint John), timetabling and course set up, academic room assignment, final examinations, coordination of graduations, regulation and policy advice, as well as reporting and information requests.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Saint John | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $56,609 - $73, 592 per annum
This salary range is subject to increases based upon the terms of the new collective agreement once signed by both parties.
Reporting to the Registrar, the Associate Registrar Admissions leads admissions within the Office of the Registrar at UNB Saint John. This position manages admissions staff, day-to-day admissions processes, policies and procedures, systems, and platforms. The Associate Registrar Admissions coordinates and supports other UNB partners including faculties, UNB Fredericton and the School of Graduate Studies, to plan and implement admissions strategies to support the institution's goals.
- Manage staff in the admissions working group.
- Set admission goals and strategies to meet university priorities.
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly goals and priorities.
- Maintain awareness of educational frameworks and how they relate to UNB's admissions requirements.
- Communicate and advise on strategies related to changes to educational frameworks and curriculum.
- Make recommendations, support, and implement adjustments and updates to admission regulations and requirements.
- Collaborate with UNB partners regarding curriculum adjustments concerning admission requirements.
- Manage and adjust platforms supporting admissions processes, as required.
- Test and provide feedback on updates, versions, and adjustments for updated platforms.
- Adjust admission processes, workflow, and communicate with admission staff and community required to maintain efficient and effective processes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with academic units regarding admissions, issues, procedures, best practice and intake cycles.
- Coordinate and collaborate with support staff units regarding events and strategies to support multi-level goals and initiatives. Prioritize according to resources and goals.
- Develop, consult, and manage and report on admissions plans for all admitting programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum five years of work experience in a university environment with increasing levels of responsibility, including supervisory experience. Experience in admissions in an educational environment.
- Equivalent experience may be considered.
- Experience with Ellucian products is an asset.
- Previous experience in a data systems environment and a privacy-sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and challenging timelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Teams, and database systems; ability to learn new technologies and systems.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL STAFF UNION (PTSU)
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick and PSAC/PTSU Local 60551 are committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.