Work Location: Office, Remote or Hybrid in Atlantic Canada
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking an Assistant Product Manager - iGaming. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As an Assistant Product Manager in iGaming, you are responsible for the day-to-day coordination, support, and execution of digital gaming related activities, including but not limited to game development, marketing execution, social responsibility assessments, performance reporting and dashboards, maintaining activity calendar, etc. You will work closely with the Product Manager(s) to ensure successful execution and launch of new vendors/games/platforms, to assign and assess key performance metrics that will identify future product strategies and tactics.
Closing Date: June 11th, 2023
What you'll do
- Coordinate game launches, website enhancements and/or new product features through the game development and enhancement processes; work closely with the Product Manager, iGaming supporting the execution of marketing materials & activities; execute other activities/initiatives as required.
- Maintain game launch calendar and ensure all steps of game launch process are completed - SRAs, marketing assets, name searches, testing, etc. Support the execution of marketing and communication initiatives; work closely with internal teams to ensure seamless execution.
- Develop and maintain product performance dashboards and reports. Provide support to monitor market performance to guide strategic development, product plans and achieve business goals.
- Support the development of annual business and product plans, as needed.
- Live AL's social responsibility values internally and externally in order to position and build on the image and relevance of AL.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- 1-2+ yrs experience in lottery, gaming and/or product management industries.
- Degree and/or diploma in business and marketing background or relevant discipline.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and customer service skills.
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships, confidence and trust of internal clients, partners and stakeholders.
- Someone with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines.
- Ability to both adapt to and manage changing priorities independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly flexible and resilient with the ability to adapt to ambiguity, frequently changing time frames and short deadlines.
- A passion for continuously improving customer experience.
- Gaming and Marketing experience.
- Analytics capabilities and ability to gather, interpret, and present data and key insights.
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability, and wellness programs.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Three weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) and 12 paid statutory holidays (in NB).
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Short-term incentive program based on personal and corporate performance.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.