The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Renewables is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Renewables produces and packages top-of-the-line wood pellets and a natural equine bedding alternative that can be found at local building supply stores across Atlantic Canada. We also deliver bulk domestic wood pellets to local schools and supply international markets with an industrial wood pellet to fulfill demands for sustainable energy alternatives to fossil fuels.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an individual to fill a full-time position as Assistant Operator for our Nova Scotia, Hardwood Lands location. We are seeking someone with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently under minimal supervision and safety focused mindset.
Participating in all aspects of operation including:
- Carrying out facility maintenance requirements as directed from the plant operator.
- Quality Control testing on products.
- Communicating with incoming and outgoing crews on plant operation.
- Reporting to the plant operator on any issues regarding quality, safety, maintenance, and production.
- Maintaining all levels of communication, such as production, logbooks, and verbal communication.
- Required to maintain a clean work environment "everything has a place and everything in its place".
- Fill in as Plant Operator or Loader Operator as required.
- Safe and efficient operation of the front-end loaders.
- Other duties, as may be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Commitment to a safe work culture.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and provide leadership when required.
- Experience in operating manufacturing process equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude & experience.
- Ability to work shifts
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in the safe and efficient operation of a front-end loader considered an asset
Shift work will be required, and periodic overtime may be required. You must be able to work in hot/cold environments and be physically capable of performing manual tasks safely.
Why work for our Shaw Renewables team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.