Closing Date: November 22, 2023 at 4:00 PM
FACULTY OF ARTS
The Faculty of Arts is one of the largest units on campus, with 10 departments, 8 research centres and institutes, 3 journals, and over 120 faculty and staff.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Continuing | Fredericton | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $22.68 - $26.33 per hour
Reporting to the Associate Dean (Undergraduate & Curriculum), the Secretary PL4 (Assistant to the Associate Dean) provides administrative support primarily to the Associate Dean of Arts.
- Provide support for the Curriculum Committee. Take minutes and prepare the final report.
- Provide administrative support for the required introductory courses, ARTS 1013/1023, and their coordinator.
- Support for the Visiting Speakers Committee and other faculty-level committees as needed.
- Prepare Graduation Audit and BA Assessments, in tandem with the Assistant to the Associate Dean (Research & Graduate Studies).
- Assist with the preparation of Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR) events and Fall Orientation Week.
- Work as a team member to provide support for student functions.
- Generate a variety of materials used in program promotion.
- Perform reception duties in the Dean of Arts Office: answer the main phone line, handle walk-in inquiries, handle office mail, and manage the faculty general e-mail account. Draft letters and documents as required.
- Assist the Associate Dean (Research & Graduate Studies) when required.
- Perform other duties as required.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary training in areas of Business or Office Administration.
- 2 - 3 years of related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Office 365 products including Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, complete multiple tasks, and work independently in a busy office.
- Familiarity with University policies and procedures and knowledge of the Faculty of Arts would be an asset.
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
SECRETARIES, ACCOUNTANTS, LIBRARY ASSISTANTS AND CLERKS (SALAC)
This position is part of the UNIFOR, Local 4504 employee group and falls under the SALAC Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.