The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies.
Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource-based products in industrial minerals, commercial, and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets. The Shaw Group has won many national and provincial awards including safety awards and a national export award with a special citation for job creation. We are currently looking for an Assistant Site Supervisor to join our Keddy Aggregate Team.
This role reports directly to the Site Supervisor and will be responsible for safety, and production at the Keddy Site. It is the Assistant Site Supervisor's obligation to enforce standard operating procedures as well as Shaw Resources Policies and Procedures as they may pertain to safety and working efficiencies. You will have a strategic mindset and the ability to lead your team to operational excellence with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and safety. This position will be a working position to learn the business in a deep manner, with the outcome of knowing how the operation works and will be the successor to the Site Supervisor.
As an integral part of our Operations Team, you will:
- Create and maintain a safe workplace for all employees.
- Lead, coordinate, and allocate a team of 4-6 plant personnel on a daily and weekly basis, according to the shifting needs of the business to meet demanding production targets.
- Lead the Plant Operators to run the plant safely, efficiently, and effectively. Assist in the management of the preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure routine maintenance is being done and perform routine maintenance as needed.
- Actively identify areas of improvement and bring forward to management.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 7am - 5pm with occasional overtime and weekend work as needed.
- 1 or more years supervisory experience or equivalent collage education or community involvement.
- Experience in manufacturing, equipment, or maintenance
- Track record of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Coldbrook, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person