The Assistant Relationship Manager reports to the AVP, Manager, Custody Client Administration, and is responsible for managing a select group of high-profile complex custody accounts in accordance with the terms of the Custody Agreement and the procedures of Investment Services. Additionally, the incumbent will assist the AVP with managing workloads of administrators within the team during vacations and absences.
What you'll do
• Working with the VP and AVP as required to meet departmental goals while supporting a wide range of clients.
• Managing the Custody relationship with the client base, ensuring that trades are executed in a timely manner.
• Completing call backs on all trades or wire instructions as necessary.
• Communicating with high-profile clients on all corporate action executions and ensuring that custody back office execute on client instructions.
• Placing trade instructions with brokers.
• Reviewing the client database to ensure all required documentation are kept up-to-date and in accordance with regulatory standards.
• Understanding customer needs and developing plans to resolve any problems and/or challenges.
• Resolving customer complaints promptly and professionally within the agreed SLA.
• Ensuring outstanding reconciliation items are investigated and cleared in a timely manner.
• Developing a rapport with colleagues across Butterfield to cross-sell or upsell Bank products to existing clients.
• Liaising with colleagues and external advisors/custodians to ensure accurate and timely processing of client instructions within market deadlines in a demanding environment.
• Performing daily due diligence on complex client accounts to ensure all cash and assets are reconciled, launching and or escalating items for investigation as necessary.
• Facilitating annual score card review responses from clients regarding Bank products and services.
• Providing leadership and guidance to more junior team members and providing subject matter expertise as needed.
• Providing excellent service to maintain a positive reputation for the Bank.
• Carrying out other duties as requested.
What you'll need
• Post-Secondary education or equivalent qualification, or at least four to five years' relevant experience.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Custody Operations and Administration.
• Previous experience in a relationship management role.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Strong interpersonal and decision-making skills are required.
• Ability to work effectively within a team.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.