The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is assisting Rothesay Netherwood School in finding an Assistant Head of School to join their team.Rothesay Netherwood School (1877) is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for Grades 6 to 12 that offers innovative, world-class learning experiences in a safe and caring school community. Located in Rothesay, New Brunswick, we challenge students to be active, compassionate leaders with a global perspective and the determination to make a difference. The school provides an extensive athletic, arts, leadership, and community service program, outdoor education excursions, and daily participation in sports. We are an IB World School and a member of Round Square. While many of our students are Atlantic Canadian, we also attract students from around the world. More information about our school can be found at www.rns.cc
The Assistant Head of School is a highly visible community leader who works closely with the Head of School to oversee the well-being of the school and its community. This position is responsible for the management, development, and evaluation of the school's faculty. In close partnership with the Head of School, this educational leader inspires and executes the school's academic program in support of the school's vision, mission, and values. The Assistant Head of School promotes and supports excellent, engaged, student-centered programs and services in a collaborative and collegial manner.
What you'll do
● Serve as a member of the Leadership Team
● Demonstrate engaging, active, visible, and motivational leadership for all faculty and academic services
● Oversee and implement an academic program rooted in the vision, mission, and values of the school
● Assume responsibility for curriculum, quality instruction, faculty goals, and feedback mechanisms
● Embrace and enhance a culture of continuous improvement
● Actively build strong communication with academic and student services to support a spirit of equity, recognition, and excellence in teaching
● Collaborate with academic and student services to design and implement the school calendar, schedule of classes, rosters, reporting process, learning activities, and exams.
● Provide oversight to ensure that academic workloads, student programs, assignments, and test schedules are fair and reasonable for students
● Teach, lead co-curricular activities, be an advisor, and be part of a residential duty team,
What you'll need
● Bachelor of Education required, and a Master's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● Excellent track record as an educator with 10+ years of successful teaching experience, with progressively responsible leadership roles
● Demonstrated expertise in pedagogy and curriculum, instructional coaching and support, and professional development
● Excellent communication skills including writing, listening, and public speaking
● Maintain excellent communication and relationships with others; seek to understand, be a team player; maintain a positive attitude, and work collaboratively across departments
● Ability to exercise professional judgment with respect to the prioritization of tasks and assume responsibility for decisions in collaboration with the education team
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Start Date: July 1, 2023
Applications will be received until May 16, 2023. As a condition of employment, the successful candidates must provide a current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening Report.