We're fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what they do. Right now, we have an immediate opening for an experienced and energetic individual to join that team.
The Assistant Controller will support the company by providing an innovative approach to both financial reporting and project accounting. You will work closely with the financial and operations teams to ensure efficient delivery of financial information. A key function of the role is to provide robust project accounting to ensure the project management team and business unit leaders have the relevant information to support operational decisions across all business lines. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, career-oriented individual who wishes to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization.
What you'll do
- Assistance with month end financial close cycle and preparation of timely monthly management reports.
- Assistance with preparation of quarterly financial statements and other continuous disclosure documents in accordance with IFRS and TSX-V regulations.
- Assistance with preparation of budget and forecast information and other financial analysis;
- Project accounting functions including:
- Project set up, month end forecasting and reporting, revenue recognition, cost analysis, timesheet management, etc.
- Providing support to project managers including, financial reports, bid costing analysis and support, invoicing and other requests.
- Preparation of income tax provisions and review of income tax returns for multiple subsidiaries.
- Research and analysis of technical accounting issues in accordance with IFRS.
- Communication with external auditors.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
What you'll need
- CPA designation or equivalent.
- Experience working with a public accounting firm or publicly traded company would be an asset.
- Comprehension of project accounting principles.
- Exposure to International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, analyze and problem solve complex issues.
- Excellent computer skills with experience of advanced Excel techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, coordinating, organizing, time management, and oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as an active team member.
- Must be able to obtain and retain NATO Secret Security Clearance with the Government of Canada
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Performance Learning
Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc. (TSX-V: BPL) is an award-winning innovator in both the development of workplace eLearning and simulation, as well as the way large organizations deliver, track and manage training. Within its two operating divisions, Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) and Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. (BLN), their mandate is to lead and dominate niche markets where technology and learning can deliver new levels of operational success and improve and save lives.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by clicking Apply Now to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Performance Learning Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….