We are seeking a self-starter and results oriented individual to join our Group Market Risk Management team. The Asset and Liability Management Analyst will be responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of the Bank's ALM financial model, in addition to the continued refinement, development and quality assurance of all Market Risk related reporting. This position will report to the VP, Group Head of Market Risk.
About the Team
Butterfield's Group Market Risk Management is a highly technical area aimed at reducing Butterfield's exposure to market risk. This team works to protect Butterfield's performance and reputation by identifying, assessing and minimizing risk across our business. Our risk professionals analyse the impending risk and control exposure to market risk given our risk profile, so whether you're addressing the implication of an economic downturn or stress scenario, or giving leaders the adverse they need to make informed decisions, Market Risk make a profound impact across the business.
What you'll do
- Assisting with periodic end-to-end balance sheet modelling.
- Producing timely and quality reporting, related to group wide liquidity on a daily basis.
- Analyzing data, systems and situations to formulate recommendations for the continuous development of the Bank's asset and liability management (ALM) capabilities.
- Producing Committee and Board reporting, related to Market Risk tolerance and imperatives.
- Developing and maintaining historical data and reporting solutions to enable liquidity trend and behavioural analysis group wide.
- Ensuring active awareness of business environment related to market risk modelling and related data analytics.
- Assisting with the maintenance and future development of the Market Risk framework.
What you'll need
- University degree with business and finance/IT focus.
- Minimum two years' work experience in treasury, capital markets, finance/accounting or risk management role.
- Proactive focus with an ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects
- Interpersonal skills required; comfortable with personal interaction at all levels of the organization.
- Strong mathematical skillset and comfort with complex large data sets and pricing models.
- Knowledge of financial markets and instruments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations related to liquidity risk management (Basel III).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly Excel.
- Database management, SQL / VBA hands-on development experience and knowledge of an ALM software (QRM, ZMdesk) would be considered an advantage.
- Experience in organizational change and process design development.
- High ethical standards.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.