The Assembly Technician (Electrical/Controls) is a multi-faceted role, where the individual(s) are responsible for assembling simulators in Bluedrop's Integration Facility (and at customer facilities) with a focus on the electrical, controls programing, IT and mechanical assembly. The Assembly Technician will also support field repairs of simulators, as required. The Assembly Technician reports to the Integration Facility Manager, you will work closely with Systems Engineering, Mechanical design, Electrical design and Software Integration teams. This roles offers working with exciting new technologies and immense room for growth and learning.
What you'll do
Working in a team, within an assembly environment, performs the following tasks:
- Reading and interpreting assembly and manufacturing drawings and documentation
- Reading and interpreting electrical assembly and manufacturing drawings and documentation
- Programing and setting up PLC's to function as prescribed to meet the design intent.
- Programming control cabinets to function as prescribed to meet the design intent.
- Inspecting parts and sub-assemblies received from suppliers and sub-contractors, using checklists
- Assembling simulators from sub-assemblies, including structural, mechanical, IT equipment, cabling and other systems
- Installing cabling throughout a simulator (e.g. IT cables, signal cables, low power cables)
- Labeling parts, assemblies, and cables & wire harnesses
- Completing assembly checklists and reports
- Documenting the assembly process with text and photographs
- Performing Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs)
- Performing diagnostics and troubleshooting to determine root cause of mechanical and electrical issues
- Proposing and implementing problem resolution recommendations
- Disassembling and packing simulators for shipment to client sites
- Travelling to client facilities to perform simulator unpacking and re-assembly
- Performing inventory management procedures (receiving, stocking, picking)
- Performing tool management procedures
- Participating in R&D projects, as assigned
- Maintaining clean work areas in the integration facility
- Following and enforcing safe work practices in the integration facility
What you'll need
- University Degree, College diploma or equivalent industry experience in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering , Controls Commissioning, Robotics or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Experience with servo motors, Cabinet troubleshooting and machine programming, highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience in assembling, and/or troubleshooting electrical systems (e.g. IT systems, PLCs, Control Cabinets, Cable repair, Electrical diagnostics with oscilloscope etc.)
- Hands-on experience in assembling, and/or troubleshooting mechanical systems.
- Highly organized, flexible, deadline driven and detail oriented
- Eye for detail and ensuring high quality deliverables
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to follow safe work practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow quality procedures
- Willingness to travel occasionally (for system installations)
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Bosch Rexroth hardware and programming software (IndraWorks) is a big plus.
- Can do attitude, exceptional analytical and problem solving skills: troubleshooting; root cause analysis; find solutions
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. Curious to know more of what it is like working with us? Connect with us on LinkedIn, Bluedrop Training & Simulation.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.