The Assembly Technician (Mechanical) is responsible for assembling simulators in Bluedrop's Integration Facility (and at customer facilities) with a focus on the mechanical aspects of the assembly process. The Assembly Technician will also support field repairs of simulators, as required. The Assembly Technician reports to the Integration Facility Manager.
What you'll do
What you will be doing:
- Reading and interpreting assembly and manufacturing drawings and documentation.
- Assembling simulators from sub-assemblies, including structural, mechanical, IT equipment, cabling, and other systems.
- Assisting with simulator cabling (e.g., IT cables).
- Labeling parts, assemblies, and cables.
- Inspecting parts and sub-assemblies received from suppliers and sub-contractors, using checklists.
- Completing assembly checklists and reports.
- Documenting the assembly process with text and photographs.
- Performing Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs).
- Report, document, troubleshoot and resolve assembly issues.
- Disassembling and packing simulators for shipment to client sites.
- Travelling to client facilities to perform simulator unpacking and re-assembly.
- Performing inventory management procedures (receiving, stocking, picking).
- Performing tool management procedures.
- Participating in R&D projects, as assigned.
- Maintaining clean work areas in the integration facility.
- Following and enforcing safe work practices in the integration facility.
What you'll need
What do you need to succeed?
- College diploma (or equivalent).
- Hands-on experience in assembling, and/or troubleshooting mechanical systems.
- Highly organized, flexible, deadline driven and detail oriented.
- Eye for detail and ensuring high quality deliverables.
- Strong writing and documentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to follow safe work practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to follow quality procedures.
- Willingness to travel occasionally (for system installations).
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance.
Nice to have:
- Electrical wiring and troubleshooting an asset.
- General knowledge of IT systems an asset (e.g., wiring up an IT Rack using instructions).
- Ability to read/interpret electrical schematics.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic, and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.