Acre Architects is seeking an Architect to become a core team member who will provide outstanding organization and leadership in our growing practice. As an Architect with Acre Architects, you are adventurous, engaged, authentic, goal-driven, adaptable with diverse experience and interested in the unconventional. We are a team of creative minds that are proactive and pivot to meet the needs of our clients, consultants, and community.
This critical role requires a goal-oriented individual with sound fiscal responsibility, demonstrated leadership abilities in working with their team, clients, board members and community partners.
What you'll do
- Provide leadership, oversight and architectural direction within a collaborative team environment
- Managing projects from start to finish to ensure high quality, innovative and functional design
- Managing the expectation of clients, consultants, contractors, and building authorities
- Participate in leading the strategic growth of the firm
- Foster and contribute to our sustainable design efforts, encouraging innovative solutions while meeting or exceeding our client's objectives
- A team player that promotes a can-do attitude and encourages an open and engaging environment to problem solve
- Growing our team through sharing experience, inspiring initiative, and the willingness to help others succeed
What you'll need
- Engaged Architect to help lead and design award winning projects
- A licensed Architect with a minimum of 5 years' experience working in commercial / residential design field
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients & consultants
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects from preliminary design through to project close-out
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborative within the team
- Willingness to step-in and support the team as required
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Strategic planner/ thinker, with the ability to execute initiatives
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities with a proactive approach
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Familiarity with planning regulations and building codes
- A strong technical knowledge of building techniques and construction
- Expert handling of AutoCAD, 3D modelling, and Revit
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Fluency in French would be considered an asset
- Class 5 driver's license
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
The Chapman Group is happy to support our client with this recruitment.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At its philosophical core, the Acre wants you to believe you can live better. Acre Architects is a practice of storied architecture - inspiring people to live great stories. We are committed to creating original, provocative, contextually driven design. At the core of every idea is a unique story.
Winner of the 2018 Canada Council for the Arts Professional Prix de Rome in Architecture, the 2017 Lieutenant-Governor Award for Excellence in Architecture in New Brunswick, and selected for Wallpaper magazine's 2016 Architects' Directory of "rising-star and breakthrough practices from around the globe", Acre Architects' unique practice of Storied Architecture champions more meaningful ways of living, and through narrative, helps shape a vision that inspires people to embark on a process of discovery, defying convention and ultimately creating their own myth.
Veterinarian - Oromocto Veterinary Hospital
Oromocto, NB, CA
Executive Director - Autism Resource Centre
Dieppe, NB, CA
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Fredericton, NB, CA
Marketing Manager - Virtual Veterinary Solutions
Fredericton, NB, CA
Executive Personal Assistant - Virtual Vet Solutions
Fredericton, NB, CA