New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Applied Research Project Manager. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a Term employment opportunity to November 2028, with the possibility of extension, located at any NBCC location.
What you'll do
As part of the College Office of Research Enterprise (CORE) Division, and reporting to the Director, College Office of Research Enterprise, the Applied Research Projects Manager oversees the post-award budgeting and operational activities of all applied research projects, from when they are funded to when the Project Close Out form is filed. The Applied Research Projects Manager is also responsible for reporting metrics and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders, including funders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing projects so that researchers can provide project deliverables to partners on time and on budget.
- Managing a team of research professionals to ensure project delivery.
- Producing accurate, reliable, and timely reports for granting agencies as well as special reports compiling and analyzing metrics and KPIs for internal and external stakeholders.
- Developing the CORE operating budget, with the Director of CORE and the Research Financial Administrator.
- Interpreting and implementing regulatory guidelines from granting agencies.
- Helping to develop and refine project management processes in consultation with the Director, including changes to existing tools, systems, processes, procedures, policies, and reporting and control functions to mitigate risk and enhance efficiency and consistency in all research-related activities.
What you'll need
- Formal education in an area related to research administration, such as Business Administration, Management, Commerce, or another related field with related years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in a research environment, specifically, in managing research projects.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have a Master's or Ph. D. in a related field and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in program management, grant management, or research administration in an institutional setting (e.g., post-secondary, government).
- Knowledge of research funding policies and procedures and research project processes.
- Experience leading a team in a high volume and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency with financial management and the development of budgets.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices, as well as process development and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical and non-technical reports and presentations for all levels of the organization.
- Highly flexible with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to navigate and build relationships effectively throughout the organization.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, analytical ability, and innovative thinking.
- Self-motivated, service and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License as travel will be required.
- Project Management Certification would be considered an asset.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary range of $2,790.00 to $3,712.00 bi-weekly.
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Paid sick and vacation leave.
- Volunteer leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children).
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume, online by December 1, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.