Information Technology covers a wide range of responsibilities at Butterfield including oversight of the Bank's entire technology infrastructure, software development and maintenance to facilitate online product development and efficiencies, as well as management of the website and intranet platforms. IT also plays a critical role in ensuring the Bank's systems are kept safe and secure from cyber criminals.
Participate in the development, maintenance and monitoring of Core and Digital Banking applications, including configuration and support to Butterfield Application solutions. Assist in improving operational processes, and support critical business strategies by participating in the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems/services.
What you'll do
• Participating in the design, build, test, deployment and support of software applications and features
• Carrying software products through the software development life cycle (SDLC)
• Writing clean, concise, and efficient code
• Assisting in the code documentation and version control
• Working in an agile environment to release software on a regular schedule
• Troubleshooting and debugging software
• Working with business analysts to define software requirements
• Participating in on-call rotation to respond to production issues
What you'll need
• Proficiency in at least one programming language (e.g., Java)
• Working knowledge of OOP, data structures, algorithms, and computer science fundamentals
• Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, Oracle Cloud) would be considered an asset
• Version control with Git
• Strong problem-solving and communication skills
• Good knowledge of the Linux operating system
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of banking, banking products or related applications is preferred
• Relevant experience with Oracle banking products preferred
Key Skills required:
• Good understanding of corporate and retail banking
• Knowledge of online banking
• Strong technical skills
• Good attention to detail with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and vendors.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.