GEM Health Care Group is a steadily growing company in Long Term Care in Atlantic Canada & Ontario. We are a modern beacon for diversity, equity & inclusion and have a head office composed more than half by people of colour and women. We have had great success training and advancing people within our organization.
Because of our growth we have an opening for a Junior Accountant/ AP Clerk for our Accounts Payable (AP) Department. We hire self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic, integrity and a commitment to improvement. You will have the support of a supervisor and our HR department.
What you'll do
Daily Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Reconciling vendor statements and charges; participating in GL statement reconciliation
- Creating, Receiving & Invoicing purchase orders
- Reviewing statements & spreadsheets
- Supporting & communicating with our facilities and/or vendors for their pay out/invoice needs
- Supporting the existing team in their daily activities
We're looking for:
- Good communication skills (for ex. asking questions when something is not clear, checking in with a supervisor to ensure directions are understood, asking for help when needed)
- Good listening skills (for ex. knowing how to prioritize instructions or to take notes to help in prioritizing work flow)
- Good work ethic (we intend to train you for a professional career, potentially within our organization; mindset can outweigh experience)
- Professional demeanor (you want to learn and do better; you know how to make mistakes and improve upon them; you can handle stress)
What you'll need
From you we need:
- Related post-secondary education (completed or in the process of); previous accounting experience in a computerized environment
- Strong math skills and an aptitude for working with numbers
- Above average keyboarding skills in terms of speed and accuracy; and,
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel, or similar spreadsheet, and database software.
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Salary: $37,000.00-$40,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Work Location: In person
- Edit job
- View public job page