Unbordered is a professional services firm which provides tax compliance and advisory services to individuals with multi-country tax obligations. We aim to keep things simple for our clients, to work efficiently through streamlined processes and systems, and to offer great value and quality service. Our clients dread tax season a lot less.
Unbordered is a perfect work environment for individuals who enjoy personal growth and intellectual challenge. Each day brings fresh opportunities to learn as globalization drives people into ever more complex, cross-border lifestyles.
We are seeking an Analyst - CPA to join our team in a full-time capacity.
What you'll do
- Assist in the completion of cross-border tax engagements - interpreting client records, preparing Canadian and U.S. tax returns, client communications and final product delivery
- Update and maintain multi-currency investment portfolio data for clients
- Identify and discuss technical issues and tax minimization possibilities with managers
- Correspond with clients and various government agencies to address tax compliance issues
- Update the engagement manager on progress
- Develop and apply knowledge of the Canadian Income Tax Act, the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and various tax treaties (especially the Canada-U.S. Tax Convention)
- Develop an understanding of Unbordered's service offerings
- Train and provide feedback to new staff regarding tax preparation and internal processes
- Assist in improving work processes and templates
- Invest in professional development to grow personally and professionally
What you'll need
- Applicant must possess either a Canadian Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or a U.S. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- A bachelor's degree with a willingness to pursue a U.S. master of taxation degree part-time while working for the firm
- 0-2 years of work experience in the preparation of either U.S. or Canadian tax Compliance
- Between 0-2 years experience in cross-border taxation beneficial but not required
- Strong technology skills, especially in Microsoft excel.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Unbordered Tax Inc.
Unbordered provides cross-border tax services to clients throughout North America.
We are not a full-service firm. Instead, we focus on our core competency - providing advisory and compliance services to individuals and businesses with Canadian/U.S. cross-border complications. Essentially, you qualify to be a client if your tax situation involves more than one country.
We aim to keep things simple for our clients, to work efficiently through streamlined processes and systems, and to offer great value and quality service. Our clients dread tax season a lot less.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
*Please note this position is not available remotely.
** Our organization is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for all candidates, including persons with disabilities. We endeavor to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling your interview of your requirements.