Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless multi-jurisdictional legal, tax, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to corporate, institutional and private clients.
Founded in Luxembourg in 1976, the firm is privately owned and fully independent. It has 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions 1,400 employees and over $280 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients. By combining our talent and one-firm approach, built on our best-in-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms, we provide tailored end-to-end solutions that embrace complextity and deliver simplicity.
Summary of the position
The AML KYC Manager will contribute in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems, procedures and controls within the business to meet regulatory requirements as well as make recommendations regarding AML KYC and other regulatory requirements and risks facing the Hedge product across 5 offices and several jurisidictions.
The incumbent will be the subject matter expert on AML KYC and applicable GTR related obligations relating to the business unit and act as business partner for the operations teams and the Senior Compliance Manager.
What you'll do
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The AML KYC Manager will be expected to:
New Clients, Funds & Investors
- Manage the compliance of applicable AML KYC process requirements relating to client onboarding and integration for the relevant funds and investors;
- Manage the finalization of client AML KYC documentation;
- Register clients for GIIN’s, as applicable.
Investor & Client AML KYC Controls
- Manage the issuance and acceptance of eligible introducers, including on-going assessment on the suitability and reliance of eligible introducers;
- Assist with requests for AML comfort letters or eligible introducer forms on behalf of clients to various parties;
- Manage the appropriate maintenance of Client databases including the escalation of remedial action relating to the identification, collation and maintenance of relevant documentation;
- Carry out sanctions and PEP list screening procedures and assist with implementation of screening standards.
Global Tax Reporting (FATCA/GTR)
- Manage and assist the adherence by hedge operations to AML, Data Protection, FATCA/GTR and similar regulation for the business unit;
- Function as a subject matter expert on AML and FATCA/GTR related issues, providing guidance to others where required;
- Act as a central point of excellence for providing advice on investor and client due diligence that is risk based and proportionate, in accordance with regulatory guidance.
- Periodic testing and oversight of Client and investor AML KYC and FATCA/GTR obligations to mitigate the risk of non-compliance with regulations and internal processes, including transaction activity;
- Apply AML KYC procedures to assist operations staff to comply with internal policies, regulations and group risk management policies;
- Assist in the process of review, investigation, and enhancement of the risk based approach to AML KYC compliance and monitoring, including regular review of high risk clients, funds, and investors;
- Ensure that AML KYC contracted services undertaken on behalf of clients are compliant with applicable AML, FATCA/GTR and similar legislation and group policies on an on-going basis;
- Periodic review and amendment of operational compliance procedures and guidance with applicable updates when necessary;
- Ensure written operational manuals, periodicals and circulars are current and up to date and in-line with regulatory laws and internal procedures;
- Recognise and contribute to the mitigation of risks to the firm.
- Managing operational compliance policies, procedures and control documentation including those related to FATCA/GTR;
- Provide oversight and co-ordination of FATCA/GTR filings;
- Assist with client operational due diligence queries and visits;
- Assist in the preparation of reports to Board of Directors;
- Liaise with internal audit regarding AML KYC procedure enhancements.
- Lead staff training in relevant anti-money laundering procedures, data protection, bank secrecy obligations, FATCA/GTR obligations and procedures and other group policies adopted internally;
- Additional similar duties may be assigned from time to time as required.
What you'll need
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelors degree;
- ACAMS or similar AML KYC certifications would be highly advantageous;
- 5 to 10 years experience in financial services industry, preferably in Banking or Administration, of which 5 years+ of AML experience, ideally across various jurisdictions;
- Strong understanding of AML KYC requirements including FATF Recommendations, AML laws of member countries of the CFATF, with focus on the Cayman Islands, US Bank Secrecy Act, The Patriot Act, U.S. Treasury AML guidelines, OFAC requirements and Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements;
- Sound knoweldge of the wide range and complex variety of fund/corporate structures;
- Decision making ability within ambiguous or complex scenarios is key;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with the ability to present information in a concise and effective manner;
- Experience in providing innovative and proactive solutions with proven ability to prioritise, manage confliting demands, and show resilience under pressure;
- Strong interactive personal skills and ability to influence others for positive results;
- Strong organizational skills both personally and across working team to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Ability to adapt easily to various software produces.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Maitland is a global advisory, administration and family office firm providing seamless legal, fiduciary, investment and fund administration services to private, corporate and institutional clients across multiple jurisdictions.
Our tailored solutions embrace complexity to deliver simplicity by combining our talent, one-firm approach and best-of-breed multi-jurisdictional platforms.
We are privately owned and fully independent with 18 offices in 13 jurisdictions, 1,400 employees and over $250 billion in assets under administration.
We leverage our strong values and a collaborative culture to develop and maintain trusted relationships with our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
The AML KYC Manager will report to the Senior Manager – Hedge Fund Operations in Halifax.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package and be eligible to participate in the firm-wide discretionary bonus scheme.