Position: Advancement Information Integrity Specialist (Contract; 1 year)
Department: Advancement Services
Annual Salary: $50,000 - $55,000 per annum + 4% in lieu of vacation
Reporting to the Director, Advancement Services, the Advancement Information Integrity Specialist is responsible for the data management activities related to biographic and demographic records, ensuring the validity and integrity of the records stored. The position manages and coordinates the collection, review, and input of individual and collective demographic data for supporting Advancement activities.
What you'll do
Duties as the Advancement Information Integrity Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Developing an annual plan for systematically and proactively updating Advancement records and aligning data management activities with the various fundraising, alumni and communication priorities.
- Defining, planning and actively managing various types of data and information tracking initiatives, special projects, updating data from surveys, additional coding entry, and data cleanup projects.
- Developing working relationships with those responsible for information management in other departments and faculties and identifying whether to engage in data sharing initiatives.
- Supporting, developing and maintaining training materials, flow charts and user documentation.
- Advising on best approach to providing data/reports and which data elements to use and where the data is stored.
- Leading the effort in creative approaches to problem solving and building and maintaining data models, views and data administration practices for Advancement.
- Responsible for the ongoing design and implementation of data standards and entry procedures for the diverse information stored in the module and supporting systems.
- Establishing and maintaining data administration policies, standards, designs and procedures to augment University policies as they relate to Advancement information.
- Designing and scheduling audit reports to run against tables or views affected by any/data updating to ensure integrity and accuracy standards are being met.
- Researching, collecting and maintaining alumni and development information in Banner.
- Providing customer service, including answering questions and updating records.
- Researching and information collection using many independent resources to find new address on returned mail and lost alumni.
- Creating, running, analyzing and dating data audit queries and reports using BOE, Crystal reports, Tableau and Excel and analyzing and dating.
- Representing Advancement Services on related committees and working groups.
- Regularly communicating with contacts in a variety of faculties and departments to manage Alumni update information flow back to Banner, CRM Advance.
- Identifying and merging duplicate records.
- Assisting the Director in developing new policies, procedures, data standards, process and training documentation.
- Coordinating, training and providing direction to student employees.
What you'll need
To be the successful Advancement Information Integrity Specialist you will possess a diploma in Information management or related field with a minimum three (3) to four (4) years of directly related experience. You must be familiar with information systems preferably in a university setting. You are proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Banner is an asset. You further demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with diverse groups, and demonstrate a professional manner with a customer service orientation. Exceptional oral and written communication skills with strong attention to details and high efficiency in a fast paced environment will round out your qualifications.
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: August 28, 2019 Competition Closes: September 11, 2019
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's Univeristy promoties a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus
Nurse Manager, Student Health Services (APC) (Permanent)
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month LTA - Int. Development Studies Program
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month, Full-Time Sessional Appointment, Assistant Professor - Department of Psychology
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month Limited Term Appointment, Assistant Professor - International Development Studies Program
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month Limited Term Appointment - Philosophy
Halifax, NS, CA