Date Posted: May 12, 2023
Posting Deadline: May 26, 2023
Department: Enrolment Services
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Group Affiliation: Bargaining Unit 79, Group 4 ($35,325- $40,546 annually)
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Admissions Records Clerk to join our Enrolment Services team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Flexible Workplace
- Holiday closure
- Summer hour schedule
- Employee Transit EPass through Halifax Transit
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Assistant Registrar - Admissions, the Admissions Records Clerk will:
- Compile applicant files and ensure all necessary documents are assembled for review by the Director of Admissions, Assistant Registrar - Admissions, and the Admissions Officer.
- Create and maintain active and archived transcript files (dating back two years).
- Liaise with other University departments to facilitate the Admissions process.
- Create and maintain electronic records for prospective undergraduate students on the Student Information System (Banner) and the digital application record (CRM Recruit).
- Prepare external transcripts for mailing/courier or pick up.
- Provide information to the public by telephone and in person; prepares and sends out information packets.
- Maintain Admissions Records Clerk procedural manual, suggest improvements in the Admissions Office procedures and systems to the Assistant Registrar, Admissions.
- Collect and prepare application fee deposits.
- Process NSF collection.
The Collective Agreement can be viewed here.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Admissions Records Clerk you will have:
- High school, plus the completion of a one-year Community College Diploma.
- Computer training to include but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Minimum one-year related experience.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Comfortable in cross-cultural situation.
- Customer Information System experience is considered as asset.
- Working in a university environment is considered an asset.
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, preference will be given to applicants who self-identify as Black/African Nova Scotians, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities and women. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.
Learn more about working at Saint Mary's University here and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!