Position: Administrative Manager - Facilities Management (APC)
Department: Facilities Management
Annual Salary: $54,091 - $69,708 (Group 5)
Under the general direction and supervision of the Senior Director, Facilities Management or designate, the Administrative Manager - Facilities Management provides financial and confidential administrative support for the Senior Director, Facilities Management and Facilities Management Managers including information for labour management meetings. The positon maintains and monitors the department's overall operating and capital budget expenditures. The potion is responsible for the supervision of the Facilities Management Front Desk including overseeing the parking, work requests and HR tracking.
Saint Mary's, a university campus on 42 acres, 1.25 million square feet, 19 buildings, with over 100 staff and $25 million operating budget the Senior Director, Facilities Management directs and delegates to assigned staff protection, maintenance and enhancement of the capital investment of the University, and operation of Housing and Conference Services, and Food Services
What you'll do
Duties as the Administrative Manager - Facilities Management include, but not limited to:
- Supervising full-time unionized staff and casual employees; assigning task and/or delegating responsibility; monitoring performance and giving feedback.
- Providing financial information, preparing background information and documentation and reports to the Senior Director, and Facilities Management Managers in relation to labour management meetings, collective bargaining, grievance and arbitration meetings.
- Developing and maintaining detailed EXCEL spreadsheets of the department's overall operating and capital budget expenditures and budget allocations.
- Developing and providing reports and assistance to the Senior Director and managers to ensure operating and project accounts are within the approved budget. Making recommendations as required.
- Through the purchasing process and utilizing Banner, ensuring budget expenditures against Facilities Management Department accounts are made to the correct operating and capital account lines. Providing explanation regarding any variances.
- Participating and making recommendations in the preparation of the operating and capital budget plan with the Senior Director and managers including preparation of the reports and follow up to ensure budgets are allocated to the correct account lines in Banner.
- Performing reconciliations for VISA purchasing card statements, petty cash including parking, key recovery, parking ticket recovery, security services recoveries and other departmental cash inflows.
- Providing support for contract administration including project bid calls, bid analysis and preparing award documentation.
- Alerting Senior Director, Facilities Management to issues of potential importance.
- Maintain operating and capital budget documentation including all contract documentation and compiling and maintaining them in a secure location.
- Preparing, tracking and submitting Facilities Management Security payroll for supervisors and managers approval.
- Preparing monthly utility reports such as electricity, fuel, water and waste.
- Attending and participating in meetings or discussions which may involve issues of a confidential nature and for where labour relations issues are addressed.
- Overseeing the parking, work requests and HR tracking. Maintaining spreadsheets on vacation and sick time for all staff in the Facilities Management Department and bringing any anomalies forward.
- Acting as key contact for suppliers for invoices and payment.
What you'll need
To be the successful Administrative Manager - Facilities Management you have an undergraduate degree with a concentration in accounting or finance with a minimum of two (2) years of directly related experience. You have demonstrated supervisory experience; unionized environment is considered an asset. Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills; able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team and demonstrate excellent customer skills. Proficient in MS Office, especially in Excel, with excellent attention to detail and accuracy. Banner experience an asset.
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
The search committee will begin to consider applications on May 23, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's Univeristy promoties a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus
Web Developer (1 Year Contract) (NSGEU Local 79)
Halifax, NS, CA
Web Portal Analyst (NSGEU Local 79) (18 Month Maternity Leave)
Halifax, NS, CA
Assistant Registrar- Transfer Articulation
Halifax, NS, CA
ERP Systems Support Analyst (9 Month Contract) (NSGEU Local 79)
Halifax, NS, CA
Recruitment Officer (1 Year Contract)
Halifax, NS, CA