Location: New Glasgow
Type of Employment: Part-time, Casual
Union Status: Non-Union (Excluded)
Competition # NOR 23019
Closing Date: March 22, 2023
Reporting to the Supervisor, Client Services, the Administrative Clerk is the first point of contact for tenants, applicants and the general public. The incumbent is accountable for front desk reception and accounts receivable to ensure effective client service and the efficient running of the office.
What you'll do
• Handle phone and walk-in inquiries from visitors, applicants, tenants, contractors and staff.
• Process and track work orders and purchase orders in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Create tenant charge batches under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Supervisor Client Services, prepare invoices to tenants for unit damages, keys, lock changes, etc.
• Provide clerical services to the staff of the site office, including the preparation of lease packages for new tenants, scheduling lease signings, and assisting to process vacating tenant files.
• Maintain electronic and paper records/files related to tenancy, work orders, purchase orders, units and buildings.
• Accept rental payments, process debits, maintain a small petty cash fund, safeguarding the Northern District site office credit cards and tracking issuance to and return of cards by staff.
What you'll need
• Business Administration or Secretarial diploma program, plus two years' related experience.
• Competency in desktop software, including Microsoft Office and strong keyboarding skills.
• Excellent knowledge of office procedures and practices are required to maintain accurate and secure files, track and follow-up information/report requests and manage petty cash.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with co-workers, tenants, contractors and vendors, other departments, and the public in a positive, tactful, courteous and cooperative manner.
• Competency in Yardi Property Management software.
• Current Emergency First Aid and/or WHMIS certifications.
Competencies required at this level of work are Organization, Time Management, Communication and Client Service.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: CL 14
Salary Range: $21.11 to $23.25 Hourly
Work Week: 20H
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.