Closing Date: November 30th, 2023 at 4:00 PM
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
The Department of Psychology offers 4-year BSc degrees in Psychology and Biology Psychology, a 4-year BA degree in Psychology, and two certificates focused on mental health. The department also has research-based MA and PhD degrees in various areas of Psychology and a course-based masters program in program evaluation. It has 11 faculty members with research expertise in a variety of fields of psychology, including biological psychology, neuroscience, social and developmental psychology, and clinical psychology.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | Term Ending November 1, 2024 (Leave Replacement) | Saint John | On-Campus
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $20.42 - $24.64 per hour
Applications will be accepted from any qualified candidates including current employees who may wish to consider a temporary assignment.
Reporting to the Department Chair, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing secretarial and general administrative support to the Chair, Director of Graduate Studies (Psychology), faculty, staff, and students (graduate and undergraduate) in the Psychology Department.
- Monitor the various departmental operating and contingency budgets.
- Perform general administrative duties. Answer inquiries, complete financial forms, compose correspondence, prepare departmental meeting materials, prepare annual budget requests and reports, faculty conference travel plans and/or vehicle rentals, etc.
- Order supplies, equipment, services, questionnaires, etc., as requested by faculty.
- Manage departmental schedules, meetings, and appointments.
- Manage course waitlists.
- Update and maintain any department/faculty-access Networks and departmental websites.
- Manage Graduate student applications. Ensure related documents are included before submitting them to the Graduate Academic Units for review.
- Prepare correspondence as directed. Process theses for binding.
- Maintain filing system of student records including advising files for discipline coordinators.
- Process payments and paperwork for graduate funding and student employment.
- Oversee arrangements for student scholarships.
- Manage plans and logistics for guest lecturers, visiting professors, conferences, and other special events.
- Assist faculty with teaching and research-related issues, such as photocopying, scanning and typing.
- Assist faculty in their preparation of research grant applications and research ethics applications.
- Advise Psychology students on an ongoing basis regarding course selection.
- Serve as a first-line technical support (photocopiers and other business machines).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING
- One-year diploma in office administration or business.
- Minimum of three years of general office experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- A university degree is preferred.
- Experience with budgeting and bookkeeping is an asset.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with web content management systems would be an asset.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to assume tasks in an active, multidisciplinary role.
- Ability to work in an open-concept environment is a must.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
CANADIAN UNION OF PUBLIC EMPLOYEES - LOCAL 3339 (CUPE)
This position is part of the CUPE Local 3339 and falls under the CUPE Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.