NBCC is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Administrative Assistant (ASL3), Enrolment Management and Alumni Support.
Reporting to the Director of Enrolment Management, the Administrative Assistant (ASL3), Enrolment Management and Alumni Support provides administrative services to two units, Enrolment Management and the Alumni Office. This position will be responsible for providing excellent customer service and providing administrative support to the units.
What you will be working on:
- Monitoring Alumni email account to respond or forward messages for resolution.
- Onboarding new Alumni.
- Supporting annual alumni and industry awards (acknowledgment of applications, scanning of applications, preparing scoresheets, tabulating scoresheets, letters to nominators, creative, photography, ordering poster and program).
- Supporting annual Alumni Awards ceremony (organizing event, booking venue, catering, photography, music, etc.).
- Coordinating the Alumni store, including order fulfillment and payments.
- Tracking and processing alumni revenue
- Maintaining the NBCC Alumni Career site managing postings and employer inquiries.
- Monitoring Alumni social media channels.
- Promoting Alumni benefits and other content posting via social media.
- Supporting campus and special events (new alumni recruitment, graduation, alumni and fundraising events, donor appreciation events, bursary disbursement, open house, etc.)
- Assist with department specific continuous improvement projects.
- Maintaining excellent knowledge of NBCC, including programs, admission process, admission requirements, services, policies, etc.
- Executing and tracking communications with prospective students within the CRM using a variety of media such as email, phone, text message, packing and mailing of info packages, etc.
- Assisting the Student Recruitment Team and International Education Team with follow-up to recruitment initiatives.
- Developing and maintaining reports for communication and tracking purposes.
- Occasional travel between campuses.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
- Assisting with other duties when required.
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of high school diploma plus one year of post-secondary program in a related field, and preference of a minimum of three (3) years of related work experience or high school diploma plus a two (2) year diploma in a related field and preference of two (2) years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional verbal/written communication skills, interpersonal and telephone skills and time management skills.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and provide quick reaction to requests.
- Experience working with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software system is an asset.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, word-processing programs and database management.
- Possess self-confidence, positive outlook and a high level of integrity.
- Ability to work professionally with a diverse group of people, personalities and backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly receive, retain and transmit information.
- Proven organizational skills, ability to multi-task, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve, and ability to work under pressure
Don't forget to clearly demonstrate how you meet these qualifications on your resume.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For five years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What is in it for you?
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary range of $1,472.00 - $1,776.00 bi- weekly
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- NBCC's supports the wellbeing of its employees we provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) and services
- Paid sick and vacation leave
- Volunteer leave
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
As part of the Public Service of New Brunswick, NBCC requires proof of vaccination from all NBCC employees. As such, the successful candidate will be asked to show proof of vaccination before an offer of employment is made.
This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the NBUPPE - Administrative and Program Support Services collective agreement for the College.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students.
For the foreseeable future, NBCC will be conducting interviews via the use of technology.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates we welcome you to submit a detailed application and resume online by October 27, 2021. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.
Instructor – Bricklaying Apprenticeship (Part-time & Full-time)(Casual)
Woodstock, NB, CA
Instructor – Plumbing (Casual)
Woodstock, NB, CA
Instructor, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Program (Casual)
St. Andrews, NB, CA
Instructor Machinist (Casual)
Moncton, NB, CA