Full-Time Term - 3 Month with possibility of extension, Dartmouth, NS
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) division and the Department of Health and Wellness. As well, EMC operates TeleHealth 811 medical communications for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Department of Health.
EMC delivers a high-quality pre-hospital care program and Telehealth service to Nova Scotians each and every day. We achieve this through the more than 1,400 employees who work with us including highly-trained paramedics, nurses, medical communication officers and support staff.
Reporting to the Director of the Performance & Development (P&D), Air Medical Transport (AMT) and TeleHealth divisions, the incumbent is responsible for providing primarily business support and administrative services for the P&D Division of EMC, as well as supporting the other divisions of the Director. This position requires an incumbent who produces high quality, accurate and reliable work, is flexible and responsible and who will work within a confidential work environment.
What you'll do
The position entails, but is not limited to the following:
- Providing administrative support to the Director, including administering key internal, government and key stakeholder meetings
- Administer the issues management process, including tracking files, cases, and documentation
- Administer and track organizational reporting to government and other, which includes tracking dues dates, submissions, approvals final version and submissions to the receiving organizations
- Develop, edit and proof correspondence, memos, confidential reports, agendas, minutes and presentations as requested on behalf of the Director or Managers
- Maintain key databases by entering and updating data and information regularly
- Assist in special projects and initiatives, as assigned
What you'll need
Education / Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 and one-year business college course
- Five years or greater related administrative experience. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Courses related to record keeping, privacy are considered an asset.
- Medical terminology course not required but considered an asset.
- Experience in health care field an asset
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Exceptional organizational, filing and record-keeping skills
- Strong ability to multi-task, keep track of due dates and meet multiple deadlines
- Superior diplomacy in professionalism
- Highly confidential
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills, including effective listening skills
- Self-starter that can work independently, and also be a strong team player
- A keen eye for detail, strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task and be flexible
- Ability to make independent decisions as needed, using common sense and discretion.
- Extensive knowledge of the policies, structure and functions of internal administrative systems and practices applicable to private industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and able to enter data and locate records in databases.
- Proven ability to learn, including software products as required such as Sharepoint, Adobe Photo Shop, as well as internal practices and terminology.
- Accurate meeting minute taking
- Strong writing and typing skills
To apply, please submit your covering letter and resume (as one document) by February 23, 2020.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A little bit about us
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC)
Emergency Medical Care Inc. (EMC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Medavie Health Services (MHS) that manages and operates ground ambulance, air medical transport and the medical communications operations in Nova Scotia through a performance-based contract with the provincial government's Emergency Health Services (EHS) Operations division and the Department of Health and Wellness. As well, EMC operates TeleHealth/811 medical communications for Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island for the Department of Health.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify