Administrative Assistant / Receptionist - Floater
Type of Employment: Full Time, Term up to 1-year
Union Status: NSGEU Local 47
Competition # MET 23034
Closing Date: May 30, 2023
Under the direction of the Senior Property Manager, the Administrative Assistant / Receptionist - Floater provides support to various departments during staff absences, vacations, or other temporary vacancies. The incumbent provides administrative support and ensures smooth operations across various sites within the Metropolitan District.
What you'll do
• Serve as the primary point of contact for visitors, tenants, and employees, providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a welcoming atmosphere.
• Answer phone calls, screen and direct inquiries, and relay accurate messages to the appropriate personnel.
• Provide general information regarding available housing programs.
• Perform general administrative tasks, including data entry, filing, scanning, and photocopying documents.
• Assist with scheduling meetings, coordinating appointments, and managing calendars.
• Uphold confidentiality and maintain and store tenant files and other sensitive information with discretion.
What you'll need
• One-year Office Administration certificate with two years' related experience in an administrative support or receptionist role.
• Competency in office software, including Microsoft Office.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Interpersonal skills to deal with diverse co-workers, tenants, contractors and vendors, other departments, and the public in a positive, tactful, courteous, and cooperative manner.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of Yardi Property Management software.
Competencies required at this level of work are Organizational skills and Attention to Detail, Communication skills, Client Orientation and Effective Interactive.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience may be considered.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, the NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: CL 13
Salary Range: $20.72 to $22.55 hourly
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.