Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today's global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi'kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi'kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous-owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater Seafoods' Accounts Payable department requires an Accounts Payable Clerk. The position is a Full Time position and will be located in Bedford, NS.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible to assist with the timely processing of vendor invoices and employee expense claims.
- This position reports to the Team Lead, Accounts Payable
- Accurately and efficiently process of vendor invoices
- Accurately and efficiently process of employee expense claims
- Clear applicable accounts
- Reconcile vendor accounts
- Apply of manual payments
- Prepare required reports
- Prepare working papers
- Related administrative duties and vendor inquiries
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics)
- Dedicated, hardworking and detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
- Flexible in their work schedule and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be willing to work in a fast paced and deadline driven team environment
- Business degree or diploma or 2 years equivalent work experience
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- International Experience
- French Language is an asset
- SAP user knowledge is an asset
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbally and written
- Strong problem solving skills
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.