We are seeking a self-managed and organized individual to join the Finance team to assist with the seamless processing of the Bank's Accounts Payable and related functions. This position will assist the AVP, Financial Controller of Group IT & Operations with various management reporting and variance analysis responsibilities.
About the Team
The Finance team plays an important role in supporting Butterfield's businesses by providing high-quality planning, reporting, regulatory and accounting services. It's a fast-paced environment with a global remit. Working with colleagues across the Bank, the Finance team provides senior management with the expertise required to measure the Bank's performance and shape Butterfield's future plans.
What you'll do
- Processing vendor invoice payments and staff reimbursements.
- Managing the funding of Accounts Payable internal bank accounts in order to process vendor payments.
- Reconciling vendor statements, and researching and correcting any discrepancies.
- Preparing month-end reconciliation of bank accounts to the General Ledger.
- Liaising with management, vendors and other departments for invoice resolution.
- Maintaining Accounts Payable master files and records, vendor accounts within the General Ledger, and payment templates within online banking.
- Assisting with external and internal auditors and responding in a timely manner to any queries.
What you'll need
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or related discipline with one years' experience.
- Strong attention to detail with high ethical standards and ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks in a busy work environment.
- Demonstrate customer service and relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of accounting standards and systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.